Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Aux in socket

a1terrier

Hi All

Just rediscovering my Spider Jam and saw on the Line 6 website that the Aux In should be used for things like pedals and Pods etc.

What is the difference between guitar input and aux input? Does the Aux bypass anything?

Hi, a1terrier

I've tried to "clean" the Guitar input and it is impossible. Always your sound will be affected by a model amp, modeling or something. That is the reason because you must to use the Aux input if you want to hear the real sound of your guitar using an external pedal. I've read some opinions about and CD/MP3 input would be better to input these devices.

Regards.

You need to download the Pilot's Guide and the Advanced Guide to read up on how this all works.  Basically the AUX input can be assigned to either the Guitar Amp and FX settings OR the Mic FX settings.  If you want to use your POD through the AUX, you should assign the AUX to the Mic settings and then flatten the EQ and turn off the delay and compressor.  Now you will have a clean POD signal without any Spider coloration.  

http://line6.com/support/manuals/spiderjam

You could also send your POD Phones output into the Spider Jam CD/MP3 input and avoid all internal Spider AMPs and FX.  If you want to use an MP3, plug it into your POD.

• Upvote 1

I've noticed that when assigning the guitar input to be recorded with the spider jams recorder the aux input's effects & tone stack are disabled.

Like radatats said, read the manual when you get chance to freshen up on it's controls. Routing a Pods output to the cd/mp3 port on the pod sounds good, although I've run it into the guitar input using the clean green model, turning off all effects with the tone stack straight up and recorded with good results as well as the aux with good results. Depends on what your looking for.

• 3 months later...

Is there a difference in signal level when using phone to mp3?

Thanks

Whenever this question pops up I always turn the levels down and work my up to avoid a potential blown speaker or ear drum, lol.

I would trun the CD input level down, turn the phone all the way up and make my setting (CD input level) with the master at where you usually keep it.

Ok thanks for reply. Got most levels at 6 or 7 including master on SJam and guitar volume and its plenty loud enough for home use.

Presume by using this method and by passing the amp its the same as going into a PA system.

Ok thanks for reply. Got most levels at 6 or 7 including master on SJam and guitar volume and its plenty loud enough for home use.

Presume by using this method and by passing the amp its the same as going into a PA system.

Yep, I would say it's like a PA function too. I like Spider Jam and use it all the time. Also, it's the most reliable 75w SS amp I've owned so far.

I think a PA can handle a wider range of frequencies, but this amp sounds pretty good all around to me.

Thanks for reply Brazzy

Good info

Started playing an open mic/jam session recently and one of the guys uses a pocket pod express and Telecaster straight into a Bose PA system and it sounds awesome. Says it saves him lugging a heavy amp about!!

Is it the same signal using the phone out to mp3 as it is using output on Pod to front of amp?