Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 edit sounds perfect - disconnect, wah, volume freaks out...

tvcken

recently purchased a HD500 ..

With HD500 edit, I can make sounds that are perfect for me...

( keep it simple, bassman, with a spring reverb, analog delay... basic but powerfull stuff )

and a volume and a wah in front...

i do as i must ( i think ), read al lot about it here... i'm trying for days now....

in edit,

volume on - toe switch assigned ( exp 2 )

wah of - toe switch assigned ( exp 1 )

then it works as should...

send selected , done...

disconnect from pc, and there it goes...

change patch, the wah is constantly at 100%, volume doesn't work.. 

this is the most unlogical thing i've seen in a while...

Please help... 

when you say that you disconnect and it goes nutso, I can only assume so much as to your actual usage. So forgive me if I am way off bass (get it, bass? lol).

First, I agree with BillBee. Edit and save on the unit itself. But here is another option: 

I am constantly making 'setlist' changes based on the next gig. That way I do not have to scroll all over the place. So I have every individual file saved. 

What I would do, if I were you, and this is something I learned through trial and error: 

dial in your sound. save the patch to the pc. bring the patch back the the pod.

here is the important thing:

do not do anything once your stuff gets "sync'd" 

disconnect the pc. 

Switch out of the current patch, and then switch back. 

See if your sound works better that way. 

=====

maybe, even then try to do the edit on the machine too

If I do everything on the unit itself.. it works perfect...

Strange...

But whatever, still better to be able to do it on the unit , difficult to take a computer to every gig to change a patch.. 

glad it worked, because it sounds very very good and natural...

thanx from the far Belgium..

I've experienced this quite a few times. I have my amp and guitars are right next to my recording PC and a GUI is better for just messing around.

There are a few problems I've noticed using the edit program, but the crazy wah and volume problem are just weird.

I had a patch set to have a wah on EXP2 (toe switch) and volume on EXP1, high gain patch with a noise gate at the start of the chain and the wah directly after it. Send to POD, unplug - Wah ON, volume not working and the noise gate turns off with the toe switch now; So the wah will be on and the noise gate will be off. Lots of feedback right away

My only solution was to reset all the footswitch assignments to nothing and save, then set it up again and save on the POD itself and not SEND from the software. 

Quite annoying. Plus it would be nice if the GUI actually scaled, some of us run higher resolutions than 800x600.

I just found out what i'm doing wrong...

When I was programming an new patch... let's say I change to empty patch user 3B .

today I noticed that , when I start an empty patch, the expression pedal on de unit itself was automatic on 1 ( default wah ).

So that gave the problems after programming in the HD500 edit software...it just does what i programmed...

I just started over, but BEFORE i started filling up the empty patch, I pushed the expression pedal to "exp 2" green ON THE UNIT ITSELF ...

And now, everything works as I program it in HD500 edit...

A logic mistake ? or a stupid one ?

:-)

its not a stupid one. 

Some items are like that, and some are not.

For example -- 

Just within the pod itself. The amplifier knobs. You program them. The patch recalls the setting. The physical knobs do not become active until they are moved. 

Then, of course, you have you patch volume at 2 and the physical knob at 8, the minute you touch it is when you hear a big WHAMMO. 

I hope I can explain this well. There's a "trick" to programming both the wah and vol to the expression pedal footswitch with Exp1 controlling one and Exp 2 contolling the other. After you have assigned them to Exp 1 and Exp 2 and to the toe switch you have to make sure the right effects (wah vol) are on and off in the effects window in HD Edit before you save the patch. For example, lets say you have the Vol assigned to Exp1, Wah to Exp2 both assigned to the footswitch and the pedal is on Exp 2 (Exp 2 light lit on the unit). And you have saved the patch to the unit. Since you had both effects off when you saved it, when you press the footswitch, it will turn them BOTH on. So you would have both the expression pedal and the wah on, with the expression pedal controlling only the Vol (the wah would be stuck in toe forward position). In other words, pressing the toe switch changes the state of the effect (on or off) from where it was when the patch was saved. Both effects on when saved, both effects will turn off when you hit the footswitch. Both effects off when saved, both effects turn on when you hit the footswitch. You have to make sure that the effect you assigned to one of the Exp slots is on or off depending on the state of the pedal on the board. So lets say the Vol is assigned to Exp 1 and the Wah assigned to Exp 2. If the Exp 2 light is lit, you need to go back to your FX page in HD Edit and make sure the wah is turned on and the Vol is turned off before you save the patch. So when you hit the footswitch, the Vol will turn on, the Wah will turn off and the Exp 1 light will now be lit.