1 reply to this topic

#1 RichG

RichG

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

I'm making my own cable to go from my guitar to two wireless transmitters (One for passive pickups, other for Piezo).  I'm using Mogami 2319 cable which is 5mm (0.197") OD.  I picked up some Switchcraft TA4FX connectors, but the 2319 cable is too large to fit through the strain relief.  Switchcraft makes one that appears to be slightly larger (TA4FLX).  Will this connector work with 2319 cable?  I also have some 2524 cable which has a 6mm OD.  Will it work with this cable?  Is there a different TA4F-Type connector that I should be using that is specifically for guitar applications?

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm making my own cable to go from my guitar to two wireless transmitters (One for passive pickups, other for Piezo).  I'm using Mogami 2319 cable which is 5mm (0.197") OD.  I picked up some Switchcraft TA4FX connectors, but the 2319 cable is too large to fit through the strain relief.  Switchcraft makes one that appears to be slightly larger (TA4FLX).  Will this connector work with 2319 cable?  I also have some 2524 cable which has a 6mm OD.  Will it work with this cable?  Is there a different TA4F-Type connector that I should be using that is specifically for guitar applications?

"FLX" is Switchcraft's code for "large flex relief" and so their TA4FLX would probably be the connector of choice for most "roadworthy" guitar coax, although many such guitar adapters have been made (with great success) by stripping that cable's plastic sheath and fashioning a (5 to 7mm long) "jacket" of plastic tubing that's then heat-shrunk to grip around the shield and feed into the strain-relief of the "standard" TA4FX that you currently have.

http://www.radioshac...ductId=12656249

I'm not sure, but I strongly suspect that Mogami's fatter 2524 cable will squeeze into an FLX connector, but (speaking purely personally) I wouldn't even attempt the sort of "butchery" that would be needed for its use with a TA4FX. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users