Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem with a bass guitar and the UX2

JSkald

Hello,

first of all - I'm a complete musical beginner, so bear with me please :)

I've connected my bass guitar and my computer speakers (with subwoofer) to the UX2. I'm getting sound from it (when I'm playing music from YouTubeetc.), but the bass just...doesn't sound right.

The sound when I play is obviously amplified (both on headphones and on the speakers), but I'm not hearing that famous fender precision growl at all, just the sound of strings (I have an american standard).

It could be a result of me not knowing how to play it properly just yet, or something else altogether - I'd appreciate any pointers.

And apologies if this is a completely stupid inquiry :)

Check the Mixer view and make sure the DI levels are zero.

Also remember most of what you hear on youtube is a final mastered product.

Hey, I also did that, helped somewhat, but still nowhere near what I was expecting.

Speaking of YouTube, I guess I can't get anywhere close to this sound?

To tell you the truth, at the moment I don't even bother plugging the guitar in. While the difference is there, it's not as noticable as I had hoped so I see no point :/ So I simply exercise "unplugged".