Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider jam buzzing on all amp models

imjimjo

I have had this Spider Jam 75watt for 2 1/2 years and has worked perfectly until a month ago. I now get a buzzing sound on every amp model. sounds as if I have a bad speaker, however drums, recodings, etc. play clean so there is no speaker problem. I have tried lowering the drive to minimum and the channel volume to max. No change. I have tried two guitars and two cords. No change. Checked and re-soldered the input jack contacts. No change. All the caps appear normal. Need help. I work on Pc's, so I am not afraid to get in there. I just can't see throwing away a $400 amp.

I would never throw it away, I'd make it a speaker cabinet for one my tube amps first. Does it make the noise even if the guitar is connected? if so I would format the SD card after saving anything you have on it. Then get the firmware on the card and install it.

Thanks for the reply Brazzy.  It doesn't make the noise just being on and guitar plugged in.  Only when playing.  I am in the process of removing all the main PCB's to check all the caps for leakage. see what I can find and go from there.

Thanks for the reply Brazzy.  It doesn't make the noise just being on and guitar plugged in.  Only when playing.  I am in the process of removing all the main PCB's to check all the caps for leakage. see what I can find and go from there.

Hope you find the cause in your deep search.