Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar In-z( Variax Even Change Something In The Sound?)

guilhordas

someone can tell me if changing paramentros IN-Z guitar in the pod, for those who have Variax, change anything? here seems to not change anything . people say that my sound (Variax / pod hd / mixer) is a bit sharp(treble), and I was wondering if changing this changes anything

thanks

• 6 years later...
On 6/21/2013 at 12:08 PM, guilhordas said:

someone can tell me if changing paramentros IN-Z guitar in the pod, for those who have Variax, change anything? here seems to not change anything . people say that my sound (Variax / pod hd / mixer) is a bit sharp(treble), and I was wondering if changing this changes anything

thanks

from the advanced guide page 2-4:

Guitar In-Z (Knob 3) - Select the input impedance of the Guitar input. This feature affects tone and feel because your guitar pickups are being loaded as they would be by an effect pedal or a tube amplifier.

Note: The Guitar In-Z setting affects the GUITAR IN input only. Please see the Impedance Rating s table at the end of this section to reference the input impedance of each individual model.

I don't mean to hijack your post :

The reason I found this post was because I was looking up Variax and Guitar in-Z to clarify what the POD HD 500x Advanced Guide was stating.

I understand the in-Z is for the Guitar input on the HD 500x but what I'd like to know is if I use my magnetic pickups on my JTV using the VDI connection, why would this In-Z not effect the mags through the VDI connection? Even changing the input 1 to Variax Mag doesn't make any difference. So if I want to use my magnetic pickups where these impedances can be changed I'd have to connect via the guitar in on the POD, which seems counter intuitive if using the VDI cable.  

Thoughts anyone?

Jd