Photo

Multi Cab Question

Best Answer spaceatl , 22 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

right...the combo gets half the power and the cab gets the other half...where the combo speaker gets around 12 watts, each speakers in the cab is seeing around 4-5 watts...

You would likely get a bit better cone volume match if you changed the combo to a 16 ohm speaker...parallel combined load with your 8 ohm cab is about 5.3 ohms...no problem on the 4 ohm tap. I have been running my SV MK1, MK2, DT50 and DT25 with a 5.3 ohm load for years...however, I do it but using a 212 cab loaded with 16 ohm speakers...all my 112 combos have 16 ohm speakers...Three 16 ohm speakers in parallel is 5.3 ohms...cone volume is balanced...In your case, a 16 ohm speaker with an SPL rating that is -3db less than Vintage 30s would likely get pretty close...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi

DT25 combo

I also have a mesa 4x12 vintage 30 closed back 8ohms

I like the sound of DT25 alone, I like the sound of recto alone and I like the sound of boths using the 2 4ohms jack.

Is it stupid doing this?

It's 4 speakers against 1 per output

Does the speaker in the combo will work more than the 4 others?

Is it easier to acheive the perfect range of power tubes at low volume this way?

Thanks

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#2 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4660 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:10 AM   Best Answer

right...the combo gets half the power and the cab gets the other half...where the combo speaker gets around 12 watts, each speakers in the cab is seeing around 4-5 watts...

You would likely get a bit better cone volume match if you changed the combo to a 16 ohm speaker...parallel combined load with your 8 ohm cab is about 5.3 ohms...no problem on the 4 ohm tap. I have been running my SV MK1, MK2, DT50 and DT25 with a 5.3 ohm load for years...however, I do it but using a 212 cab loaded with 16 ohm speakers...all my 112 combos have 16 ohm speakers...Three 16 ohm speakers in parallel is 5.3 ohms...cone volume is balanced...In your case, a 16 ohm speaker with an SPL rating that is -3db less than Vintage 30s would likely get pretty close...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users