Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Link DT-25s without a POD??

VeMan

I use the DT-25 as a standalone amp, using the loop to connect to the M13 effects box. I use analog boxes to shape my tone going into the DT-25, rather than a POD. Really not interested in using the POD as I would keep the tone as analog as possible going into the amp. 

I have recently bought a DT-25 head as a backup, but would like to be able to use it as another amp for stereo effects. However, I only have one Line 6 footswitch. I'd like to believe there is some way to use the LINK system to connect the amps, and have one side drive the other at least as far as switching amp channels, but also possibly to send the first amps signal to the second.

I have tried to set up a system where I send the first amp signal through the loop into the M13, then try to take the Right side out and send that into the loop return of the second amp (or right into the front, except the out signal from the M13 is line-level, so I would have to tweak the volume - don't really like doing that if I can help it). This was really noisy - not sure what's happening inside the M13 with that setup. 

I guess the main question is do I have to use the POD to get anything from the LINK system, or can I get one DT-25 to talk to the other's channel switching and/or send its signal to the other one?

Well, I guess not. After reading the FAQ it appears the POD is the brain. I guess I could move to a MIDI switch to change both channels simultaneously, maybe Y-connector off the footswitch cable to two stereo cables one each into the footswitch jack of an amp...

This might not be perfect but... there is no need to use the modeling in the second amp, just the power section.  So set up everything in the first amp the way you want it and use the M13 in the loop.  Now send one M13 out to the first amp FX return and the other to the second amp FX return.  You are still sending a fully processed tone to each amp and you should get stereo this way.  You will have to set the second amp topology to match the first but you should be good to go...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I just found this:

"Note that two or more DT Series amps can also be connected using L6 LINK without POD

HD, which provides sync of the controls on all DT amps. Please see the additional DT Series
amplifier documentation for details on this type of setup"

page 2.3 in the L6 LINK Connectivity Guide for POD HD & DT Amplifiers v2.10