3 replies to this topic

#1 tbenner

tbenner

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was updating my g50 and it just stopped working. I replaced the batteries and it still will not turn on. When I turn the power on to it all that happens is a dim red glow from the audio led. Please help

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

The stuff of nightmares, tbenner !

(I'm sorry, but it's taken longer than I'd like for me to reply due to slow server issues somewhere on the web.) 

Like you, no doubt, I have the horrible feeling that this mid-update "crash" may require your TBP12 to be returned for re-flashing, however as (sadly) we've now almost nothing to lose, there would be no harm done by trying the following steps:

1. Re-boot the computer that you use for the Monkey process.
  2. Then start again by re-flashing the XD-V75 receiver that you use for updating.
  3. With those new batteries in your "dead" Relay TBP12 beltpack, perform the entire Line 6 Monkey update process from where you select the Relay transmitter as the "new" target device. Just be sure to follow the correct placement procedure, as well as the "power on" and all other prompts, ...even though your beltpack is not behaving normally. 

I'm suggesting this in the hope that your beltpack may still respond to an attempted "handshake" from your updating receiver, even though it's been robbed of correct operation, ...possibly by some "bug" that has (with any luck) been eradicated by you following the first two steps of the above process.

Here's hoping... 

#3 tbenner

tbenner

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

Ron Marton

Hey thanks for your help I tried it and it did not seem to take it or want to restart.  I am guessing that this meant that I will be sending it back to line 6 for them to reprogram. I sumitted a service ticket so I guess I will wait to see what they have to say when they answer that when business resumes. Thanks again if you have any other ideas shoot them my way and I will try them. Is there a way to reload it using the 1/4 input and trying to update the body pack like the g50 receiver by hard wiring it to the back of the v75. I don't know just a thought though. Thanks Travis

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

...Is there a way to reload it using the 1/4 input and trying to update the body pack like the g50 receiver by hard wiring it to the back of the v75 ?

Regrettably, there isn't, Travis.

Even though the receiver only puts "guitar-style" audio out via the tip and sleeve of its guitar jack, Line 6 use the "ring" contact of that rear-panel socket as the hard-wired data input for firmware upgrades.

The firmware of their beltpack (and other) transmitters, however, is only reprogrammable via RF bombardment of their chipsets.

RON.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users