Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LT3 + POD HD400 + L6 link

Hello Forum members,

please forgive me if this is an ignorant question in the wrong forum, but I've spent a couple of hours searching the knowledge base and Forums for an answer without luck.

I have a POD HD400 (latest Firmware) and just bought a LT3. Should the L6 link work between the two? I've seen some documents where they suggest yes, but not definitively.

If I plug my HD400 link into the LT3 link, nothing appears to happen. I'm not sure whether they are incompatible -in which case fine - or I am missing something? i.e. dumb!   :)

If the answer is, they aren't compatible, then thank you  very much for the answer.

If they should be; any suggestions or pointers to relevant documents would be very much appreciated. (I have looked at both the respective Manual pages, of course, but they are inconclusive.)

Than you so much for any time spent on this for me.

Cheers,

Rene

It should work if you connect the HD400 L6 Link to the L3t L6 LINK IN. For best results set your HD400 Output Mode to Line and set its Volume control at zero to start with. Set the L3t mode to PA/Reference and set its volume control to the midpoint (the notch position). Raise the HD400 Volume level until the desired volume is reached. In the HD400 preset, select the Full (not Pre) version of the amp model and select the desired mic/cab combination.

Also for best results you should use an official L6 Link cable, or any AES/EBU cable. A standard XLR cable will work but might not provide a high quality signal depending on its length and other factors. You could certainly start, and test with, a standard XLR cable and then upgrade if not satisfied.

• Upvote 1

Dear Uber Guru, (or should that be Mr Guru?) :)

thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated! I'll give it a try!

One thing I forgot to ask... Should the link light on the LT3 be lit when connected to the HD400? It doesn't appear to.

Thank you again.

René

• 1 month later...

Hi Sinistralx,

thank you for taking the trouble to respond. I have tried two decent and short XLR cables without luck, so far.. Still no connection via L6 Link.

I'll give it a try with another XLR if I can. If it worked for you maybe it can for me. Thanks again! :)

Best Regards,

René