Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to put Variax in "standby"

BucF16

I typically bring two guitars to a gig, and one of them is almost always my Variax.  I would like to find a way to keep them both plugged in at the same time and use the same patches.

Is there a way to plug the Variax in to the Vx jack and a conventional guitar into the guitar/aux jacks and just have the variax in "Standbye" until I need the variax.

I realize I could make different patches with different inputs.  Not wanting to create a whole bunch of extra patches though.

On a dark stage it can be minor pain to plug the vx jack in when you need to do a quick guitar change.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but a "vx" standby switch might be a good ideascale post?  Or am I missing some more obvious solution to this problem.

Hey there,

The JTV actually goes to 'sleep' when the volume is turned down and no audio passes through the electronics. Takes a couple minutes to happen, this is the gutars way to keep the battery from die-ing. Keep in mind that when plugged into an HD500 it charges the Variax' battery. In settings you can set the inputs for all inputs (Variax, gui, ect..). When your JTV's volume is turned down all the way (guitar sleeps) then you can pick up the Guitar thats plugged into the 1/4 input and you'll be good to go.

Unless it's my JTV 69.  Whenever I roll the volume all the way down and put the guitar on a stand, the volume decides to turn itself up to max.  Then I have to roll it all the way up and all the way back down.  But then it does it again.  I think it has a mind of it's own.

However; rolling off the volume on the JTV should do the trick.

Mine does the volume thing just sitting there.  I'll be playing and then roll off the volume and put it on a stand.  Then without touching anything it comes back to life.  Not a major problem since I haven't had it do anything while playing with the volume rolled off a little.

Changing patches on the Pod does put the controls to their position they were at when the patch was set up so if you turn volume down and then change patch, the volume will be back to where it was when the patch was set up.  At least that is the way my setup seems to behave.  There may be a way to change that.  I would prefer that the volume stay down if I have the knob at zero.