Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm stuck with the HD500X ... but why ...because of a variax used one !

Segomil

I got screwed by line 6 ... ***what have you done to me***

I'm stuck with the HD500X bought 1 month ago for when I would get the variax I ordered. 

After 5 weeks of waiting I have received the JTV89f but it was a dirty one & used one ... line 6 you will pay for this !

In 1989-1992  i worked hard to do great musical composition with : tascam 644, Atari 1040 ste, Korg M1, Ibanez Blazer 470, DSP256 ect ... & i stop everything in 1992 !
I still have all of my compositions in a box : K7 (audio) + floppy disk (midi)

In 2014 i decide to recover everything that i have done in this time.
But i needed new equipment.. so this summer i started the second phase of my project & this 22 years after.

For me Variax was a great tool to creativity. So i ordered a jtv89f 5 weeks ago !

***After 5 weeks of waiting***, I just received the line 6 variax jtv89f red blood...  One hour before i received a call from my music store telling me that the variax was arrived.

After 5 weeks I was excited !
November 20, I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6... ( 5 WEEKS of WAITING ) ...

I repeat : I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6

Arrived at the music store, the salesman will look for the variax to me..
The variax is in its box, he asked me if i want to see the guitar, i said : OH YEAH !
The box is well sealed with the line 6 tapes.

***But inside the finding is terrifying : the flexibe black case is terribly dirty (A LOT) ( now i know it's not a brand new one) THE CASE HAS NO line 6 LOGO ...
I open the case : the guitar is heavily dirty with dirt & with hands & finger marks***

***I WAS BERSERK*** I got screwed by line 6 !

The salesman asked to call the responsible salesman of the sale : ***& he saw the variax as we saw it ,and asked to refund me right away***

The music store is not responsible of this mess ... ***YOU line 6, you have made me lose five weeks and now it's the Christmas holidays and I have nothing for my musical work*** I still lose time now : THANK YOU !

How dare you do this to me ?
Do you know what 5 WEEKS IS + NOTHING FOR THE NEXT WEEKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SHOP AGAIN

Are you stupid or do you think am I ?

Why James Tyler has give his name to the dirty line 6 lollipop !

Believe me line 6, i will find james tyler on youtube or everywhere on the net to tell him my story : ENOUGH IT'S ENOUGH
this post will be everywhere on youtube video on the comment section.

The salesman at the music store have try to fix the problem by offering me another Variax, but a jtv69 (a used one) AT A GOOD PRICE...***a discount of $700*** but I still repeat it again: I WANT A BRAND NEW ONE 89F & ***NOT THIS DIRTYused 69***

I just wrote to James Tyler website ... it's already done !

... ****I regret having bought the HD500X a month ago, because I cannot return it for a refund  ... it was for the Variax ... I am stuck with this lollipop now***
lollipop that i hate line 6 now !

never line 6 AGAIN ... & do not think it's a hoax because the music store will make you a call soon ( of course a gentle call) ... but for me it's not enough :
***I want the head of the guy ( YOUR GUY IS A THIEF) who have send to me this DIRTY & USED variax***

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

This is a user forum, not a Line 6 customer service forum. Email the company directly instead of following this path. It won't help. I wish you luck getting a good JTV. It took me 3 tries to get one that was in new condition with no issues.

I can empathize with your frustration, but remain calm and contact the company directly. Good luck, and hope to see you here with some constructive posts in the future.

I got screwed by line 6 ... ***what have you done to me***

I'm stuck with the HD500X bought 1 month ago for when I would get the variax I ordered.

After 5 weeks of waiting I have received the JTV89f but it was a dirty one & used one ... line 6 you will pay for this !

In 1989-1992 i worked hard to do great musical composition with : tascam 644, Atari 1040 ste, Korg M1, Ibanez Blazer 470, DSP256 ect ... & i stop everything in 1992 !

I still have all of my compositions in a box : K7 (audio) + floppy disk (midi)

In 2014 i decide to recover everything that i have done in this time.

But i needed new equipment.. so this summer i started the second phase of my project & this 22 years after.

For me Variax was a great tool to creativity. So i ordered a jtv89f 5 weeks ago !

***After 5 weeks of waiting***, I just received the line 6 variax jtv89f red blood... One hour before i received a call from my music store telling me that the variax was arrived.

After 5 weeks I was excited !

November 20, I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6... ( 5 WEEKS of WAITING ) ...

I repeat : I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6

Arrived at the music store, the salesman will look for the variax to me..

The variax is in its box, he asked me if i want to see the guitar, i said : OH YEAH !

The box is well sealed with the line 6 tapes.

***But inside the finding is terrifying : the flexibe black case is terribly dirty (A LOT) ( now i know it's not a brand new one) THE CASE HAS NO line 6 LOGO ...

I open the case : the guitar is heavily dirty with dirt & with hands & finger marks***

***I WAS BERSERK*** I got screwed by line 6 !

The salesman asked to call the responsible salesman of the sale : ***& he saw the variax as we saw it ,and asked to refund me right away***

The music store is not responsible of this mess ... ***YOU line 6, you have made me lose five weeks and now it's the Christmas holidays and I have nothing for my musical work*** I still lose time now : THANK YOU !

How dare you do this to me ?

Do you know what 5 WEEKS IS + NOTHING FOR THE NEXT WEEKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SHOP AGAIN

Are you stupid or do you think am I ?

Why James Tyler has give his name to the dirty line 6 lollipop !

Believe me line 6, i will find james tyler on youtube or everywhere on the net to tell him my story : ENOUGH IT'S ENOUGH

this post will be everywhere on youtube video on the comment section.

The salesman at the music store have try to fix the problem by offering me another Variax, but a jtv69 (a used one) AT A GOOD PRICE...***a discount of $700*** but I still repeat it again: I WANT A BRAND NEW ONE 89F & ***NOT THIS DIRTYused 69***

I just wrote to James Tyler website ... it's already done !

... ****I regret having bought the HD500X a month ago, because I cannot return it for a refund ... it was for the Variax ... I am stuck with this lollipop now***

lollipop that i hate line 6 now !

never line 6 AGAIN ... & do not think it's a hoax because the music store will make you a call soon ( of course a gentle call) ... but for me it's not enough :

***I want the head of the guy ( YOUR GUY IS A THIEF) who have send to me this DIRTY & USED variax***

It took 3 tries to get a one in new condition with no issues ?

Yes Joel. I bought one in January 2014 and it was very honky and weird sounding after firmware updates and tweaking, and the mags sounded odd too, so I returned it.

I recently bought another to give it another try, and it was supposedly "new", but built in 2013 and already had the 2.10 firmware on it, so it obviously had been used. That one also had bad microswitches on the toggle switch for pickup selection. Returned it.

Third one was a keeper. Mags sound good, not great, and the piezo tone issues are nonexistent. The electronics all seem solid too, so I'm holding onto this one.

It's a 59 btw.

Yeah, I can totally understand your anger.

In July I decided to give the variax a try and bought a used JTV-69s on the net. The guitar arrived and it had a very bad painting job (see picture). I thought i give it a try anyway because it's just an optical issue. After some time though the variax got mad and I had some really bad noise on the modelling and also some drop outs from time to time. Also the modelling doesn't sound and feel good.

Since I bought the guitar used I had no change for sending it back and wrote Line 6 Support an E-mail to ask if it is possible that they sell B-Stock or guitars with bad quality. The answer was short:

"There's a chance there was some quality issues with B-stock, but there's really no way for me to tell."

So for me this means:

1) Line 6 doesn't do quality controls on the gear before shipping.

2) They do not care about angry customers if they get a bad gear

3) Support is near to non existent

I use Line 6 gear since the POD (Bean) and still use a HD500 which is a great unit. But costumer service gets worse from year to year. I don't imagine it now when the company is owned by Yamaha.

post-11745-0-49943900-1419764675_thumb.jpg

I never bought a guitar from Line6 but I've used their modeling stuff for a lot of years.  I don't doubt there's some serious problems with the Variax equipment but I've always had great quality and support for the modeling hardware.

I hope we don't start condemning an entire company and all their products just because of one product.  Even though it sounds extremely bad what this segment of the company is doing.

1. The issue with the Variax seems like an issue with the dealer. And since it is a dealer they then have an issue with Line 6, not you. Either way, its certainly not the forum's issue. 

2. You are stuck with the 500 because you don't have a Variax? Have you considered USING the 500, its certainly worth the money you paid. 

• Upvote 1

pianoguyy makes a good point.  I'm sure there's a lot more people that have PODHDs than people with Variax guitars.  I'm very happy I bought my PODHD and I'm not even considering a Variax guitar.

So grab a Snickers bar cause you're acting like a diva.

• Upvote 2

Wow, that's not good.  Dream Rig sounds more like a nightmare.

Dream Rig, for me at least is outstanding! I have a feeling the language barrier is playing some role in this person's frustration (those wild and crazy Canadians!)

My perspective on this, has nothing to do with Line6. He is all in a rage on multiple threads screaming at Line6, when I would guess his actual complaint is with the vendor / dealer who sold this to him. Just a guess... For example, if he had ordered with Sweetwater, there would be no issues other than having to wait, because they don't have that model in stock either. 

But my Dream Rig, it's outstanding. I use an HD500, DT25, and I also have a pair of L2t's. Nothing but awesome.

I bought the HD500 in 2010, the JTV59 and DT25 from Zzounds, and the two L2t's from Sweetwater.

If I had some issue with the condition any of the gear arrived in, I would be upset at Sweetwater or Zzounds, not Line6! Unless the actual equipment was faulty - and I did have that issue with my M20d. I sent it back to Sweetwater, they sent me a new one. Sure I could rage about how Line6 made a faulty piece of equipment, but the replacement has had zero issues, so yeah, sometimes things made in China have issues.

Either that, or original poster is just messing with our heads and is making all this stuff up.

Who knows. The hyperactive use of bold, font changes, color font changes, and underlining is definitely a bit excessive and overzealous.

But, so I can at least say I was intending to be helpful, as I mentioned - buy from a REPUTABLE online dealer. Saves lots of headaches:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINJTV89F?siid=124368

MORE EXPECTED SOON! More expected Jan 10

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JTV89FBR

It's Arriving Soon!

We've confirmed with Line 6 that more of this item should arrive within a few weeks. Place your pre-order now to reserve yours, and your order will ship in the order it was received.

• Upvote 1

I've been gigging with a B-Stock Variax for a while now.  I can't figure out what was wrong with it in the first place.  Great guitar even if the modelling was completely inop...which it isn't.

This thread is silly.  The OP's problem is clearly with the retailer. (or could run much deeper).

FWIW I bought a DT50 through Amazon that was beat to h3ll.  The amp was completely functional though and rather than send it back, Amazon gave me $400! back on the price.  Really, the thing had been through the postal masher.  I'm a gigging musician and it wasn't going to be studio queen anyway so I took the cash.  Doesn't look any worse now but it rides in the back of my pickup every weekend so who cares.

A Variax is a working guitar, not a case queen.  If you gig with it, it will get dinged.  It's not like these things are going to appreciate in value.  I have an old Vx700 that's basically worthless now....whatever.  I got a lot of gigs out of it and at the time it cost my more than my new JTV69 even though it was half the guitar the JTV's are.

• Upvote 3

I've returned a few Epi's in my day too. Finally got a couple solid keepers that I still play daily. I'm trying to work the JTV in more, but I will need to build a whole new set of patches to satisfy myself with the tone. I play out with wireless, so no VDI for me, so I will have to manually change models when gigging. Life will go on though.

You guys should have seen the pile of Epiphone Les Pauls I went through back in the day to find one that could even be set-up properly....sounds like some quality control issues.

Isn't B-stock different than used?

btw - I've played out zillions of times of the years, still do, and my gigging guitars look like the day they were bought.  One of them is almost 30 years old and the other is 20 years old.  Now the amps and speakers show some wear but even that is minimal.  But I'm extremely careful and it hasn't been easy.  So I'd be pissed if I ordered a guitar and it came in looking like a used piece of crap. 

I'm sure the OP's money looked good...

I had a problem with the first variax I was sent (from GuitarGuitar in the UK). It had a faulty controller knob. I called GuitarGuitar who sent a courier to pick it up the same day and dispatched a replacement which I received the following day. Sounds like your problem is with the retailer mate, not Line 6. Any good retailer will tell you that from a customer service perspective hiding behind a supplier when something goes wrong is just plain bad business.

• Upvote 1

I allready have a problem with my Variax 69 (e strings falling of the edge), but the support from Line 6 itself was really fast.
After opening a ticket i got a quick response to ship the guitar to a servicecenter. 

Just for the records....
After 2 Weeks i got my JTV back with a small piece of paper on it "we can`t find any problems". 

But thats another story :-)

I´ve got a Spider Valve MKII; Shortboard MK2; DT25 Head + extension Cab; PODHD500x; 
All these things work like a charm.