Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Exp pedal for HD500X

rino2

Hi to all.....

I'm new in this comunity. I'm planning to buy a new POD HD500X for my little home studio, music is only an hobby!!!

Well, I want to add an external expression/volume pedal to the HD500X and use the one on the unit as effects/parameter control, but it must be compatible with the main unit and also selectable from the internal program.

Is this possible? Can you suggest me the right model?

I saw a demo video where there is an external Pedal close to the HD500X.... This medal as a sort of M on it...... I don't know if it's the right one.

Anyway... tanks to all from Italy and I hope to be a New LINE6 player soon... very soon...

Rino

I saw a demo video where there is an external Pedal close to the HD500X.... This medal as a sort of M on it...... I don't know if it's the right one.

The M would be a Mission Engineering pedal. Sounds like your gonna have some fun with your new toy. Hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are two expression pedals available for you can add as an extra expression Pedal to the POD HD 500x Live board. As you are probably already aware you can assign almost any parameter to the expression pedal on the HD 500x. The extra expression pedal takes the place of ExPedal 2 when used.

The Line 6 Ex-1.

http://www.amazon.com/Line-6-EX-1-Expression-Pedal/dp/B000JKVMJ4

This is plastic pedal and pretty cheaply made. I have one and it does work althought I've had to manually adjust and fix it before.  But it is inexpensive to buy and will work for simple task such as a volume pedal.

The Mission Enginneering EP1-L6.

http://www.amazon.com/Mission-Engineering-EP1-L6-Expression-Product/dp/B007XT2SCY/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1419945266&sr=1-3&keywords=mission+engineering

This is the pedal Line 6 should have made.  Heavy duty construction and more in line with what we are used to in foot pedal designs. I had read this one does have issue that it will reach 100% before the toe down position in fully down. But that can be fixed by adding a resisitor in line. I do not know if that issue has been resolved or not as I don't have one of these yet.

• Upvote 1

First of all... thanks for your answers... and ... Have a Happy New Year

Just 5 minutes ago I bought (well.... ordered!!) my HD500X and the EX-1 pedal. I'd like to have the EP1-L6 because heavy... but in Italy seems to be impossible!!!

@Palico....

Can you explain what sort of fix and/or adjustement have you made on your EX-1??

Also..... one more little question.... On my acoustic guitars (Yamaha silent, EKO 12 strings, Ovation Classic) I normaly use two external effects, a TC Flanger and a Boss Delay.... How I can insert this two pedal in the Internal Effects chain of the HD500X

I have to read alot of paper before to receive my new toy!!

Ciao

Rino

First of all... thanks for your answers... and ... Have a Happy New Year

Just 5 minutes ago I bought (well.... ordered!!) my HD500X and the EX-1 pedal. I'd like to have the EP1-L6 because heavy... but in Italy seems to be impossible!!!

@Palico....

Can you explain what sort of fix and/or adjustement have you made on your EX-1??

Also..... one more little question.... On my acoustic guitars (Yamaha silent, EKO 12 strings, Ovation Classic) I normaly use two external effects, a TC Flanger and a Boss Delay.... How I can insert this two pedal in the Internal Effects chain of the HD500X

I have to read alot of paper before to receive my new toy!!

Ciao

Rino

I use the EX-1 too and I don't have a mission pedal at this time. I suppose you could run your external FX into the FX loop in the HD500 and create an FX loop in the chain after the the amp. Of course your going to have to adjust levels of your FX and the FX loop until your happy.

@Palico....

Adjustment #1. The pedal is stiff out of the box and jerky. Where the foot pedal itself attaches it is attached by bolt with Nut on the opposite side. Loose that nut just a touch and the pedal smooths out a lot, here you can kind of tweak it taste.

Fixes:  These pedals like a volume pedal are basically nothing more than potentiometer that rolled up and down via the foot pedal by mechnical means. The mechnical pieces in the EX-1 that connect to the foot pedal can be easly dislodged. They almost sit in place instead of being attached very well. For example the main part that attaches to the pedal is open ended, so it can pop off if it gets out of line. The good news its easy to get back into place but it annoying!  Not like it happens often but not something you wanna fix at a live show.

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO the EX1 is pretty crappy. I can't get mine to consistently return to 0, although it does ok reaching 100. Circuitry is super cheap, as is the overall construction. I'm kinda surprised they made something so unprofessional. I own a few vol pedals and wah wahs, and all are 10x sturdier than this thing. Don't buy it. You will prolly be sorry.