Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Headphones & Monitors

PNUTT22

Whats up guys? I was just wondering what are the best headphones & monitors to use. I got a pair of Beats (Solo HD's) & those dont work too well. Also have a pair of KRK K-Rok's but they're slowly going to sh*t. Any recommendations? I was looking to get some of those KRK Rokits but I'd like to have a few opinions.

Im using a UX1

As far as phones go you kinda get what ya pay for in a way. I had a relatively expensive pair of AKG K240 mkii (Last of the Austrian batch) and they sounded superb using a TC Electronics Desktop Konnect 6 as a headphone amp/soundcard when connected to a laptop through firewire.

They are somewhat funny looking and would make your head slightly warmish after long use and a bit uncomfortable but really sound good. I sold them and bought a much cheaper pair of brand new Sony MDR-7506 and they are fantastic. They're lightweight, comfortable, don't cause you too sweat or get hot really and reproduce sound very accurate and faithfully as far as I'm concerned.

I guess that's why they're the most widely used headphones in recording studios around the world. Any of the Sennheiser HD's in the 200 dollar range and up are excellent as well.

One last thing I find about the Sony's is they seem to do good all on their own without a separate headphone amp (maybe because of the ohm rating) and sound great just plugged straight into my laptop or my Zoom H4n handy recorder or cell phone or whatever.