Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Constant Audio Dropouts Using Mic with UX2 in Sonar X2

Hey guys, figured i'd shoot this question out in the forums as tech support wasn't too helpful. I'm using my UX2 with Pod Farm 2.57 and SonarX2 on a win7 64 bit system, quadcore 2.8ghz, 8 GB Ram, the whole works. When i record guitar into Sonar everything works flawlessly and the tone is great...however when I go to use my condenser mic, the audio engine stops working with a nice little notification about there has been an audio dropout after about 10 seconds of recording.

Now this only occurs when I'm recording with a microphone, I have a sort of mini-studio in my apartment so it was kind of embarrassing when this happened while recording a friend of mine. I tried switching to WDM drivers (I default at ASIO) but it kept occurring. Tried tweaking with the buffer size, no change. When I switch back to using my M-Audio fast track, everything works flawless with no drop outs.

So my question is, how can I go about fixing this issue of a constant audio dropout after 8-15 seconds of recording? And why is it only occuring when I use a microphone? I even tried my XLR to 1/4" converter and ran it through the instrument input, same thing happened. I have yet to test if the complexity of the project file has anything to do with the frequency of the occurrence of the dropout, but I'm going to test that out in a bit. It may even be my copy of Sonar which is the culprit, but it utilizes my cheesey M-Audio just fine. Thanks in advance.