Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2T multi purpose use

Hi guys,

I play several instruments and need a monitor/PA for multi purposes.

I am hoping the L2T would suit my needs.

1. I need a monitor / small PA speaker (check)

2. I need a amp voor acoustic guitar (check)

3. I need a bass amp

So my idea was to buy a bass guitar amp head (something like a TC BH250), use the DI Out to feed the L2T. I would use the L2T as my personal bass monitor and feed the PA by the main out out of the L2T.

Any users have experience with this? I'm interested to hear how the L2T would feel/sound as a direct bass amp monitor.

Thanks

The most important thing is to keep the bottom end cut back so you don't damage the L2T drivers by pushing them to over-excursion. You don't need lots of boom for your stage monitor; it's the upper harmonics you need to hear.

Bass is only an octave lower than standard guitar, so as long as that bottom end is rolled back you should be fine. And keep the volume reasonable---you're not going to try to fill the house with bass, so that should be feasible.

As for buying a bass amp head, just get a DI and call it a day. No sense carrying extra equipment when you can fit a DI in your pocket! There are several brands of DI that include amplifier modeling to get a good tone.

If necessary, try not to cut the upper midrange---the fret noises and snappiness---because this lets you hear the note articulation. I assume you've got FOH PA support; that's where they'll EQ a nice tone for the house.

Thanks for the info. Good suggestion about using a DI. Didn't thought on that.

However, a reasonable pedal is approx € 250,- while a head like the TC BH250 is € 298,- and the head does have a poweramp, tuner, footprint (fx), and is very portable as well.

I wil. See if I can find a store which sells both of them so I can test.

Most important for me is that the sound quality is good enough and not as plan B.

Thanks .

Good one. I didn't considered a DI with amp sim.

The net price for the L2T and L3T is the same in our country.

The L3T is 3-way with 2x10". Isn't that a much bettere option? Only minor is the more heavy weight and dimensions.

Assuming it has much more low end?