Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please help. Can't get my dream rig to record in garageband.

Sob stories are coming.

Trying to use my dream rig (jtv59, hd500x, and l2m–connected via l6 and variax cables) in garageband on my new macbook and it refuses to work.

Everything is updated on the hd500x and jtv59.

But when I hit record it says "No input source selected," though it is all set as it should be in preferences, the correct track is selected, etc.

I bought the dream rig right around the time my first semester of school started because I love having gear that I can't use for months (not), and I finally started trying to mess with it recording in garageband–which I have used quite a bit before–and I have tried everything I can think of.

So...here I am.  Stumped.  Pulling my hair out.  Can someone please help?

–C

Good question. Not 100% sure I know how the gear behaves when you are using the HD500 as a soundcard, and using the Line6Link.

Treat it like this: the HD500 is the ASIO soundcard, and should be defined as such - UNLESS - you are sending analog outputs from the HD500 or the L2m, into another soundcard. As in, install all the drivers, etc, and define in the computer that the HD500 is the default soundcard. You may also need to do this in the recording software.

I do not know if the L6Link causes any issues, I don't think so. But to test, you could send just XLR or 1/4" if you want it to sum to mono, from the HD500 to the speaker. 

I would start with getting the HD500 to talk to the computer first, make sure you have all the drivers in place for the HD500 to be the ASIO soundcard, then go from there.