Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 link with JTV 69 & HD500x

Hi Guys,

New member here from Scotland.

I am looking for information on how to change speaker modes automatically (electric to Acoustic) from my HD 500X to my Stagesource L2t.

Also, has anyone any advice on how I can change Variax model from within a patch setting on the HD?

Thanks!

To change speaker modes you need to manually set the speaker mode on the L2 then SAVE the preset on the Hd500. You need to do this once per preset; afterwards the speaker mode will be reset to the saved value every time you recall it.

You can store a Variax model in the preset using the device itself or using Hd500 Edit. The simplest way is to use the editor; the settings are accessed on the Mixer page. Detailed procedures for using the device itself are clearly explained in the Hd500 Advanced User Guide.

sorry to hijack here but similar question - I USED to run my rig thru both Bose L1 model II & thru power in on a solid state Fender - I was able to blend the acoustic thru BOTH systems clearly -NOW I have the DT 25 combo & runnng link...the acoustic thru there is mudded...any way to clear that up ( or am I screwed because things were FRFR before?)

Inevitably an FRFR system is going to sound better than a guitar tube amp for acoustic patches but I have read other threads about people with the DT amps claiming to have got some very passable acoustic tones. Myself I have the JTV-HD500-L3m rig so I can't vouch for them but if you search 'Rads Acoustic DT' in Customtone you will find an example which gets a 5 star rating.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

sorry to hijack here but similar question - I USED to run my rig thru both Bose L1 model II & thru power in on a solid state Fender - I was able to blend the acoustic thru BOTH systems clearly -NOW I have the DT 25 combo & runnng link...the acoustic thru there is mudded...any way to clear that up ( or am I screwed because things were FRFR before?)

I have never been able to get a convincing acoustic sound thru a traditional guitar amp. Even plugging an actual acoustic/electric guitar into a clean channel will generally yield disappointing results (yes, I've tried...more than once over the years). So while I won't say it's impossible to get what you want with that rig, it won't be easy. Much knobulating required....

Here is the solution I came up with for acoustic through DT.  Not perfect but pretty usable...

http://line6.com/support/topic/5553-acoustic-solution-for-jtv-with-dt-amps/

• Upvote 2