Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Save up to 50% on JTV

The concept of the "sale" will forever involve smoke and mirrors, and intentionally vague language. "Up to 50%" can mean anything,  only defines the upper limit of a "discount", and almost never implies 50% off of the actual every day price, but rather the MSRP. This is not an accident.

$5.00 off a $1K item is nowhere near 50%, but still falls squarely under the "Up to 50% off" umbrella. Caveat emptor.

My JTV59 will end up being $700 after my rebate arrives. That's for a brand new cherry sunburst. I can live with that. If the initial price was $1499 then I actually came out ahead. If the initial price was $999 (which it was) I actually still saved 30% which is pretty damn good.

• Upvote 1

The concept of the "sale" will forever involve smoke and mirrors, and intentionally vague language. "Up to 50%" can mean anything,  only defines the upper limit of a "discount", and almost never implies 50% off of the actual every day price, but rather the MSRP. This is not an accident.

$5.00 off a $1K item is nowhere near 50%, but still falls squarely under the "Up to 50% off" umbrella. Caveat emptor.

I understand that concept but was looking fo specific information on the chance I can actually get 50% off. Right now the best I can find is almost 50% off.