Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

patch for chicken pickin'

catawompus

I have an HD 400. I just picked up playing the guitar again after a long stretch of time and am hopelessly talent free at making my own patches (way too many parameters...). I like the unit though and I'm playing mostly with patches that I downloaded. I haven't found a decent patch for chicken pickin' yet. Looking for something with the best possible amount of twang. Can anybody help me with a great patch?

Thanks a lot, Pablo

Hey cat, just doubling up on the reply I made over at tdpri.com.  As you can see from the reply there (from codamedia) and hurghanico's here, the "theme" is pretty consistent. My patch, minus the details, follows that same template of Fender clean, a bit of drive and slapback: BF Deluxe, Boost-Comp, Digital Delay (110ms).  The 400 is limited in number of effects so you have to compromise slightly, but between the Drive setting of the amp and use of Boost-Comp (my choice, but others may quibble), it's able to get just enough "grit" in the sound without adding an external OD, at least for me.  And, repeating again, you'll find the HD much more usable if you spend some time learning how to create sounds.  "Disassembling" the patches is one way to start, e.g., turn effects on/off and listen, turn parameters to min/max and *listen*, etc.

My HD400 patch: http://line6.com/customtone/tone/807402/