6 replies to this topic

#1 hometz

hometz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

I´m a new Stacescape-User. At the weekend it was our first gig mixed with the stagescape.

allover, all the musicians were a little sceptic (?) about this spacy and scifi-like mixer.

everything worked very good!

now the problem:

we have recorded our session. and today i wanted to hear the tracks in my mac-book. BUT: the songs were too deep in tune and also a little too slow...

is this a known problem? is this a problem caused on my not sufficient knowledge of the stagescape? Or is it a bug?

I need help for this problem.

I am actual in the testing of this mixer and if the recording results won´t be good enough for me, i have to use my 30-day-money-back -garanty by thomann.de.

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

What recording media are you using (SD or USB)? Are you sure the media meets its specifications? Have you tried playing back the recording using the StageScape mixer, before transferring the files to your mac-book? How do they sound when played back in the StageScape? Are you sure your playback program on the mac-book is not somehow altering the sound?

I have no problem with audio quality or playback with the StageScape recordings I transfer to my PC.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

This would happen when the Mac is set to a 44.1 kHz clock. The M20d records 48kHz/ 24Bit .wav files. Please make sure that your setup on the mac including external audio interfaces are set to a 48kHz clock.

#4 hometz

hometz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

hello silverhead,

i have used an new formatted SD-Card (Class 10).

on saturday i started one time playbacking one recording in the StageScape. I could not hear that the problem did exist by playing direct on the stagescape.

The recording quality with the SD-Card is good, but there is this "little" problem, i have decribed above....

I just want to learn if it´s my problem or a roblem of the technic....

sorry about my "bad" english, but i am German and no native english speaker

#5 hometz

hometz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hello ArneLine6,

ok...i think that could be the solution for my problem. I´ll check the settings on the mac (whereever they are?) an give a feedback here in the forum, if it will work.

thanks

#6 hometz

hometz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

ok.....i now changed from my internal sound card  to my fire face 400, set  the sampling rate to 48 kHz ....AND, yes now it works.

forum-support-guys, thanks for Your quick answers.

now, i think, i have no reason to give the stagescape back to my dealer!!

#7 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

...sorry about my "bad" english, but i am German and no native english speaker

Trust me, hometz, my friend...

Your English is better than many who were born in England !

All of us in this forum are always happy to help ...and glad that this worked out for you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users