Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stereo Looper

trueNorth55

I've been using the built-in looper with my POD HD Pro X for a little while now and it has worked like a charm. Unfortunately, the playback is mono and I want to preserve some of my stereo effects while looping. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement looper that does stereo playback and can receive midi commands. I currently trigger most of my loop commands via my DAW and want to continue this out of convenience. Thanks.

I use the Boss RC-loop pedals they make a few of them at this point. the new pedals have up to 3 hrs of record time and built in drum patterns with tap tempo ,stereo ins /outs. the only down side to these recording pedals i see is they can suck away some of your tone , however using it with the pod  you can record with it in the FX loop and once you have it looped , you can turn off the FX loop on the pod and the loop will  keep playing while your guitars tone will bypass the looper altogether. they are not cheap they sell around 200-300$. i found another company that has a clone of the Boss RC-3 looper . its called NUX loop core the only problem with the NUX loop core is it does not have Stereo in for instruments. which is very odd because it has stereo outs. but this Nux pedal is about 90$ and has 6 hrs of record time.

Check out this expression pedal - can be used to control four devices at once! Might be a good option for pairing up various outboard gear with the HD500:

Published on Jan 6, 2015

Source Audio will introduce the Reflex Universal Expression Pedal at Winter NAMM 2015. It is a programmable expression pedal with 3 expression outs, 5-pin MIDI in and out jacks, a USB port, and Source Audio's own 1/8" Multi Function out.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Timeline? Arrrgh! Really. Not including a stereo looper was like stirring a martini with your finger. I mean, really? Line 6. Really? The Pod 500X was this close to perfect. The tones are outstanding. And the concept of including a looper was sheer brilliance. I didn't even know I wanted a looper until I had one. Needless to say I'm a fan. The idea that you get all this stuff (Cabinet modelling, all the effects you could only dream to own - if you had to buy everything individually, a ton of heavy amps you never have to lift! Come on - that's worth every penny. But a looper too! I think I just lost my nut!  What a great idea.. A learning tool, and a writing tool. But to have all this tone and not make the looper stereo? Come on - seriously. I mean - you can stir a martini with your finger - but would you serve it to a friend?  And I thought we were friends. Last night I hit on this great ambient tone, "New Heavens". Wow. I have an HD 500x and two L2T's running in stereo. I mean - wow. Huge - lush sound coming at me in full, lush, envelope me in your fullness stereo, and I go to loop it - and its mono. Really?

Sniff and the tears.

Not only is it not stereo, but they included parameters for loop volume and loop feedback, but made no way to control these parameters with the expression pedal. Who would have thought people might want these parameters constantly variable?