Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X as midi controller - messages sent on patch change?

namklak

Y'all,

new to HD500X and have never used midi - so please excuse and correct or question any statements I fail on...

So, the HD500X can be programmed to send CC commands when FS1-4 is pressed.  

If I assign a CC msg to FS1 and have FS1 default "on" for a given patch, does that CC command get sent when I select that patch?

My goal: to have my HD500X control my amp's channel and boost, which are controlled by CC msgs.  I want a patch in a given bank to be my "lead" patch - add compression, EQ, AND tell my amp to enable boost.

Thank you!

-Bob

the HD500X can be programmed to send CC commands when FS1-4 is pressed

Yes - most of the switches can be programmed to send MIDI

If I assign a CC msg to FS1 and have FS1 default "on" for a given patch, does that CC command get sent when I select that patch?

No - you can't have FS1 default to On, it just doesn't work that way; FS1 might be linked to an effect that is On and this is reflected in the light against the switch, but that is not the same as the switch being pressed when you change patch. There is no way to send a MIDI message as you go into a patch other than the default (and unchangeable) Patch Change

However if you only have a limited number of patches, and run in ABCD mode, then you can have a single CC message sent when you press the ABCD switch to change from a patch; the MIDI definition on the HD500 will need to be on the patch you are switching from not to.

Y'all,

new to HD500X and have never used midi - so please excuse and correct or question any statements I fail on...

So, the HD500X can be programmed to send CC commands when FS1-4 is pressed.  

My goal: to have my HD500X control my amp's channel and boost, which are controlled by CC msgs.  I want a patch in a given bank to be my "lead" patch - add compression, EQ, AND tell my amp to enable boost.

Thank you!

-Bob

1 - You can assign midi commands to any button

2 - Are you operating the HD to use ABCD or FS from 1-8? If you want to send a midi message at the time you change patch you just program that midi message to the button assigned to that specific patch...let's say you want to change your amps channel when going into preset "C", you just program footswitch C to send that midi message, so once you press C it will change both patch on POD and channel on AMP...

This may also help, but let me know if you still have issues and I'll try to help!