Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD Pro X for Bass

DanHeinrichs

Hi,

I'm a bass player looking at the Pod HD Pro X.  When I look at the documentation available, I don't see alot of Bass oriented presets.  I'm big fan of bi-amping, so I really like the dual signal path capabilities, it is this feature that has my keenest interest. 

There are two things that I use alot, which I can't seem to find in the Pro X - a true "5 knob" compressor, and a bass chorus.  The compressor I'm looking for allows adjustment of threshold, ratio, attack, release, & gain.  The bass chorus I'm looking for has a low frequency roll off feature.

Has anyone else run into either of these ideas?

Dan :-)

Ps: Are any of the presets from the old Bass Pod xt available for the Pod HD Pro X?

Unfortunately No.
Line6 has done little development under the HD series with regards to Bass amp Modelling.

In a couple of the recent posts Line6 reps say they are working on something for bassists but that remains to be seen at the present moment.

I am glad I bought a BASS POD Pro xt unit just before they discontinued them.

So I took a closer look at the Pod HD Pro X by installing the editor - I'm so glad I didthat before buying one!  This thing also lacks a proper (4 full freqncy bands) parametric Eq!  I'd like to see a model of a high end mic pre such as the Midas XL4, or Avalon 737.

My ideal signal path would like something like this:

input to mic pre (Avalon 737) split to 2 channels (L&R or High&Low), then:

Left/High ch: 4 band PEQ (Midas XL4), '5knob' Compressor (Neve Portico 534, dBx 160, MXR M87), Bass Chorus (Zoom MS100 Bass Chorus), & Reverb

Right/Low ch: 4 band PEQ (Midas XL4), '5 knob' Compressor (Neve Portico 534, dBx 160, MXR M87)

both channels then routed/combined in a matrix mixer.

I may be dreaming, but in a digital modeling environment, this isn't very difficult, and it becomes far more affordable than purchasing all of those devices individually :-)