Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Peavey Peavey ReValver 4 - ACT: What do you think of it?

Hi,

some time ago Peavey introduced Peavey ReValver 4 - a modelling PlugIn for Guitar. It comes with something they call Audio Clonig Technologie.

Here's a short presentation:

http://youtu.be/WhOkbcvDNyc?t=2m5s

What do you think of this?

I mean it certainly can be improved, but I like the idea. It has the advantage that you can still use your own guitar. Also the sounds are still coming from the magnetic pickups so the problem with palmuting and so on, don't exist.

I've tried it and it never works well for me. It just sounds like an EQ of your guitar to try to match it, and honestly it kind of is.

I've tried to imitate the demo over and over and over and still it sounds really off and nothing like the guitar or the demonstration sample of the guitar.

Either I'm doing something wrong or that demo is sketchy.

Regardless, the problem lies within trying to model something upon normal guitar pickups which have limited frequency response and can't fully sound like another guitar because of this. It's why the Variax uses piezos.