Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Sighting

Obviously a heavily customized one. Very cool looking. Maybe we'll see something like this at NAMM??? Perhaps why the current line of 69's appear to be discontinued?

Discontinued? NOOOOO! Not possible. Remember....

'THIS GUITAR BREAKS ALL THE RULES"

"No other instrument in the world will spark your creativity like a James Tyler® Variax® guitar"

"CREATE ANY GUITAR YOU CAN IMAGINE"

"LEGENDARY CRAFTSMANSHIP"

"THE ELECTRIC GUITAR, EVOLVED."

These are mighty big statements for Line 6 to just throw up their hands and say, "Oops! Changed our minds. No more Variax." You can't call it The Electric Guitar, Evolved if you plan to discontinue it. That would be Devolved and clearly that is not what the literature says!

• Upvote 1

I think the best thing for everyone to do is to continue guessing blindly as to what may or may not appear at NAMM. That way we can get a head start on all the sad-sack, whiny indignance that will surely follow if/when every last item on everybody's L6 wish-list isn't instantly fulfilled.

• Upvote 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesse Johnson is a Line6 fan I think :) I recently saw him in a D'angelo concert, he was using a white JTV-69. 

It seems he has another one also, see picture. Must be custom US? I like the colour of it 

11110759_10153201701266224_6323150784125

Jesse Johnson is a Line6 fan I think :) I recently saw him in a D'angelo concert, he was using a white JTV-69. 

It seems he has another one also, see picture. Must be custom US? I like the colour of it 

11110759_10153201701266224_6323150784125

Pictured with a Variax but quotes using a '96 Voodoo Strat. but does say using a Spider Valve HD100.

Discontinued? NOOOOO! Not possible. Remember....

'THIS GUITAR BREAKS ALL THE RULES"

"No other instrument in the world will spark your creativity like a James Tyler® Variax® guitar"

"CREATE ANY GUITAR YOU CAN IMAGINE"

"LEGENDARY CRAFTSMANSHIP"

"THE ELECTRIC GUITAR, EVOLVED."

These are mighty big statements for Line 6 to just throw up their hands and say, "Oops! Changed our minds. No more Variax." You can't call it The Electric Guitar, Evolved if you plan to discontinue it. That would be Devolved and clearly that is not what the literature says!

The only thing that keeps a product alive is sales.  Not whether or not the sales hype is true or false.  It can literally be everything they claimed, but if the sales aren't there it will go away.  Straight economics.  

That being said I hope the JTV's are around for a long time to come.  I love my 69 and 59!

• Upvote 1

The only thing that keeps a product alive is sales.  Not whether or not the sales hype is true or false.  It can literally be everything they claimed, but if the sales aren't there it will go away.  Straight economics.  

That being said I hope the JTV's are around for a long time to come.  I love my 69 and 59!

They will be around, and they will circulate through the internet when they're not in production. It happens with all products.

The concept of the Variax will probably live long, but the Variax itself, depends on Line 6's success and desire to continue it.

We just had the Variax Standard come out. There's no way in hell the Variax is ending any time soon.