Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 patches in HD500X

brue58ski

Wondering if anyone has had any issues with 500 patches put into the 500X. 500 is completely updated. Here's an example. I had a one amp patch I moved from the 500 to the 500X. I tried to add an amp and it works UNTIL I go to another patch and back again. When I go back the second amp acts like its muted and just a touch of the Vol control in the mixer brings it back. I just now think I answered my own question in my head. Could it be that in a 500 my 500X patch would run out of memory and since the patch was originally in the 500 and moved over only by changing the extension number, it is a 500 propriety patch and just doesn't recognize it. Even though it's in a 500X. I've had other issues but just curious if anyone else has.

I can put 500x files into my 500, without changing the extension. Sorry, I don't have the gear to do it the other way. 

Obviously, going backwards in technology, you sometimes have issues with compatibility issues (dsp, not existing featues, etc). But for the most part, everything works fine. 

What you can do, to see if this helps at all.... 

Put your 500 patch into your 500x without changing the extension. And then Save the patch as a 500x patch. Then put the new 500x file back onto the 500x. 

See if that helps. 

I have found that it makes a difference for some of the files that give me troubles. 

When working in offline mode, make sure the inputs mode is set to preset and not global. Beyond that causing some likely unwanted behavior, there still may exist some quirks in offline mode for transferring patches from a 500 to 500x. One example I can think of is the bpm setting. Probably would want to double check that. Another might be the volume control of the amp becoming the default (most notably for the Tweed B-Man Brt, but this may be more of a specific bug for this amp and not because of a conversion). I don't think I've ever encountered problems transferring patches, but it could very well be I did and just didn't notice.

I FIND SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY 

I had EDIT in offline mode. 

I knew I could drag and drop files INTO the software. But, I never tried to drag and drop onto the PC. 

1. You can drag and drop onto the PC. 

2. If you stick, for example, 500x files into 500 EDIT, and then you drag them out of EDIT and onto a PC, they will be 500 files on the PC. 

I never knew this until this morning. I knew I could 'save as', and they would be converted, but I did not know about drag-and-drop. 

• Upvote 1