2 replies to this topic

#1 rchibnik

rchibnik

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

I usually connect my HD500 into my DT25 via L6Link. Last night I brought just the pedal to a jam figuring I would plug into the PA but can't get any output out of either of the 1/4" output jacks. HD500 is definately getting signal from the guitar via VDI (tuner works) and the 1/4" cable to the PA definitely works (tested it with the 1/4" jack on the guitar.)

Tried it again this morning using my PA with the same results, either through 1/4" output jacks or the Balanced output without getting anything from the PA (again, VDI to HD500 tested ok - tuner works) and 1/4" cable from guitar to PA gives output.

I couldnt find anything in the output setting of systems, or the PIlots guide suggesting that an output setting be made. I suppose its possible that the HD500 is broken, but kinda doubt it - I figure its got to be some setting that I'm missing that will be obvious to someone here.

Thanks in advance for your help

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11448 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Check the  1/4" out switch on top of your POD HD500. Make sure it is set fully to either AMP or LINE (in your case you probably want LINE). I chased the identical symptom on my Pod X3 Live for a few hours years ago before I noticed that this switch had been bumped into the middle position, where it surprisingly acted as a MUTE switch because neither AMP nor LINE was engaged. I was more careful vacuuming the top of the device thereafter.

Just a guess - I don't know if the same thing is true on the HD500.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 rchibnik

rchibnik

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

I did check the switch but it had no effect. With a little more fiddling I got it to work - near as I can tell, the volume settings were too low. I guess I could be more lame - could have forgot to plug it in.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users