Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

compression and clean tones

lipsucnt

I would always add the compressor to the beginning of the signal chain, get all your levels sorted before you start layering effects. I generally always keep the settings pretty subtle for clean tones. Maybe if you are doing a lot of finger picking you could push the compression a bit more but generally (for me) heavily compressed squelchy clean tones are not desirable.

Some times i also use it for gain for lead tones and would stick it right in front of the amp,, or even in the effect loop. for that i set the threshold up, sustain low gain up....

You can place one of the pedal comps before the amp or the LA2A after. They sound different. The pedals are more obvious to me. I build my sounds like a recording engineer, because that's my experience, so I would stick a studio effect after the amp, like in the studio.