Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just Bought my Variax 69

Pressing the Buttons right now at Sweetwater - 

a 69 Dent and Scratch (looks to have a little scratch on the pickguard) with the Maple Fretboard (I far prefer the Maple Fretboards) and SSS setup!!!

I am very excited.  I have been lurking here for months and am confident I will love it.

It has the new tremolo (round vs. U shaped entry for the bar) I have researched and I am getting it with the cable since I also use a HD500X

My other main guitars are my Ibanez Artist Model Hollowbody AS200 1980 Model bought in 1985.

This is my main axe.  It was invented as an answer to the ES-335, and in many's opinions (mine also), it is superior to the Gibson hollowbody.  I would never make the trade!

That's why I have held on to it since I bought it for a couple hundred (!!!!) in 1985

I also have a PRS SE Custom 24 that I just love.

And a cheap chinese Telecaster, an SX that imo is the best value in guitars out there!!!  You cannot go wrong with an all swamp ash body, maple fretboard tele clone for $130!

I have a couple of others as well.

My next guitar will probably be some sort of custom model off of DHGate.

• Upvote 1

You will have a blast! I used to hate strats, because I hated their scale length.  Since I got my 59 I love the tone I can get.  Neck pickup on a strat is to die for! Glad I can go from any bridge pup I want to strat neck pickup with the flip of a switch.  Enjoy!