Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3Live MP3 In and Headphone output problem

es336td

Been using my X3 Live for practice and a back up for live rigs.  Today, I connected to it today to practice and it's weird.  The Master Volume just effects the guitar signal; the manual says it should do the MP3 In also, but it does not.  The headphone out just gives me the left channel.  I see nowhere to change anything pertaining to the Phones or MP3 In.  Before I connect it up to the laptop, does GearBox have a setting for them?   Very frustrating.  The MP3 is quiet and distorted and the guitar is over powering.  I have set this up earlier and it worked great.  The MP3 was a little weak, but both sides worked.  I try the headphones direct to the MP3 player and they sound great.

• 4 months later...

Still having the problem.  I pull the Headphone plug out a shade and get the side that was missing, but it's still weak.  When I plug directly into the MP3 player (SansDisk Zip Clip) the output is nice and full.  Through the X3L, it sounds buffered and tinny.   Not too sure what to do here.  There is no parameter in GearBox that I can find.  I was able to turn the Tone Vol down to make the guitar not overpower the MP3, but that's about as good as I can get it.  Still not what it should be.  I have noticed the cheaper headphones I had made it worse, and using a nice pair of Phlllips ear buds I have made it slightly better.   Why doesn't the X3L pass the MP3 player through transparently so it sounds as if I am plugging into the Zip Clip direct?   Weird.

Well... I've figured out an alternative.  

1. Make sure to switch your output from Amp to Line; huge diff in the output... duh.

2. I abandoned the headphones and plugged the left and right outs of the X3L into my keyboard amp.

A little tweaking with the Tone Volume and I was in business.  It's loud enough to feel it, but not too loud to annoy the neighbors.  Head and shoulders above headphone.  Wish I could find my Bose headphones just to see if it was ear buds...  tried by Shure 425s and not much better.

So, for all intents and purposes, this is solved.