Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JT59 not recognised by Workbench

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting Worckbench to see the JT59. The PC sees the usb interface which has one green light and one flashing red light. The JT59 data cable is plugged in and the there is a jack lead plugged into the guitar. The battery is fully charged, the drivers and firmware are upto date ( according to Monkey which also sees the Usb interface. The guitar is turned on. No amount of rescanning helps.

What have I missed?

Sifi

Thanks to both of you.

I talked to Tech Help who said that there was fault. I was about to pack the guitar up for return when it occurred to me that the only thing that i hadn't tried was a different jack lead. But a jack is a jack is a jack right? Well not as far as my JT59 is concerned. Although the original lead works perfectly well ie turns the guitar on etc for some reason it didn't do the business for the usb interface. I finally realised that it was because the original lead was plugged into a DI box and I found that if 'lifted' the earth switch on the DI it all worked as expected.

Weird Eh? But all's well that ends well as the Bard said.