#1 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi Guys ,

I seem to be on here rather a lot, but what it is when I am changing patches with the foot switches on the pod HD500   I am getting a bad crackle through the cab of the dt25 on the change. Is this normal I just seem to have noticed it. It just happens on the initial change and I think if you where playing live it wood stand out like a sore thumb.

Regards,

simbo 

#2 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I have narrowed the problem down to the line 6 link connection, I have done this by using the 4 cable connection and everything is fine. The problem being now is how do I check if its the pod hd or the dt25 that's the problem, anyone got any thoughts on the issue.

simbo 

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15395 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

the issue is most likely the cable that you're using then....

try a digital XLR cable.

#4 jws1982

jws1982

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

+1 try a different XLR cable, and make sure the firmware is up to date on both the pod and amp.

#5 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hi, yes I tried different cables and the correct ones digital 110 ohm, and the firmware is up to date I even re-flashed it to make sure, but no joy.

simbo. 

#6 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2742 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

global reset; hold down the left arrow on the navigation button while you energize the pod

I'M SO HAPPY!

#7 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi toneman2121, I have just tried the global reset but it hasn't solved anything. The company I perchesed  the head from are going to replace it, so if the new one does the same thing then it is obviously the pod that's the problem and I will need to send it back to line 6 for repair. But thanks very much for your input it is good info as I didn't know about the global reset and re calibrating the expression pedal so thanks for that.

simbo 

#8 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2742 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

for the little i offered, your very welcome. sometimes the simplest things work.

i'm glad you are getting a replacement :)

I'M SO HAPPY!

#9 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi Guys, Got a new DT25 Head and I still have the same problem of a thumping noise when I switch some of the patches on the HD500. So I contacted Line6 and sent  the pod hd back to them to look at as it seems that it is the problem, they have replaced the PCB and sent it back and guess what it is no different, the guy I spoke to at Line6 said he would need to contact there department in the USA to see if they could throw any light on the issue, he said it might be a software problem. I tried rolling the flash memory back to an earlier version but it didn't do anything. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of such a problem as it seems to be a new one for Line6. I thought it was only doing this when connected with the Line6 link but I have tried it again with the 4 cable method and it still does it. But which ever method I use it doesn't do it with every patch its driving me up the wall. Can anyone HELL PLEASE.

simbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users