Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Master, Sag, hum, bias, bias x....

k-town

I find you can tweak these around to make the amp feel more real.  I  prefer to tweak with the gain down and listen to the clean feel of the amp and  tweak until it feels harder to play and more dynamic across the strings.

Then I'll add gain as needed.

You can do the opposite too, tweak to make it feel like a late 80s super sensitive to the touch feel with plenty of gain in there while you tweak. Ideal for tapping

With Bjnette - I actually find I can dial in better tones with less gain which at LOUD volumes is soo much better for the rock/metal tunes. Full gain sounds great in the bedroom through a 8-10" speaker but bigger than that it tends to send everything into mush.

For bias (and the others) I'll head to the basement and fire up something larger (2x12 or so) and play a little adjust a little and see what I like (IIRC ~ 11 o'clock) - that said switching guitars will throw things off a bit.

-B

I can't remember where, might have been here or at tgp, Digital_Igloo said the resonance dep parameter is dangerous and powerful. He said he always turns it way down from the default of 50. He also said some people like to turn it way up. I'm one of those people. I get that it is a powerful parameter, but dangerous? I wonder what that's supposed to mean.

• Upvote 1