Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod500 To Garageband?

Hi all!

I just bought the Line 6 Hd500 and love it.

However, is there a way to input my guitar signal from the pedal straight to garageband software through USB?

Or do I have to purchase a separate audio interface?

Thank you.

You do not need to purchase a separate audio interface; the HD500 is an audio interface. You may need to configure Garage Band to use the HD500 as its audio interface.

I have found that using the HD as the interface in Garageband and Logic Pro 9 unusable. The tone that I play is not the tone that gets recorded and I find it very noisy. I'm sure I am doing something wrong. Which is why I prefer to use a separate interface (M-Audio to be specific). How has it worked for you?

I am on a PC, not Mac, environment but I know the HD500 works with Garageband. I can't say how well, and many people prefer to use a different audio interface in both environments for various reasons. I'm just saying he could - not necessarily should - use the HD500.

• Upvote 1

I am on a PC, not Mac, environment but I know the HD500 works with Garageband. I can't say how well, and many people prefer to use a different audio interface in both environments for various reasons. I'm just saying he could - not necessarily should - use the HD500.

Ah.

Unless you are mic-ing a real amp, if you use the HD as an interface, the playback or the recording via USB should sound virtually identical what you heard while you were recording. If it doesn't then there is something amiss.

Unless you are mic-ing a real amp, if you use the HD as an interface, the playback or the recording via USB should sound virtually identical what you heard while you were recording. If it doesn't then there is something amiss.

Sumptin's definitely amiss for me! Using the HD as an interface ain't working well at all for me.