#1 Loco23

Loco23

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi all!

I just bought the Line 6 Hd500 and love it.

However, is there a way to input my guitar signal from the pedal straight to garageband software through USB?

Or do I have to purchase a separate audio interface?

Thank you.

#2 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yes. I prefer going through my own interface though.

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

You do not need to purchase a separate audio interface; the HD500 is an audio interface. You may need to configure Garage Band to use the HD500 as its audio interface.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#4 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

You do not need to purchase a separate audio interface; the HD500 is an audio interface. You may need to configure Garage Band to use the HD500 as its audio interface.

I have found that using the HD as the interface in Garageband and Logic Pro 9 unusable. The tone that I play is not the tone that gets recorded and I find it very noisy. I'm sure I am doing something wrong. Which is why I prefer to use a separate interface (M-Audio to be specific). How has it worked for you?

#5 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11094 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I am on a PC, not Mac, environment but I know the HD500 works with Garageband. I can't say how well, and many people prefer to use a different audio interface in both environments for various reasons. I'm just saying he could - not necessarily should - use the HD500.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#6 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

I am on a PC, not Mac, environment but I know the HD500 works with Garageband. I can't say how well, and many people prefer to use a different audio interface in both environments for various reasons. I'm just saying he could - not necessarily should - use the HD500.

Ah.

#7 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Unless you are mic-ing a real amp, if you use the HD as an interface, the playback or the recording via USB should sound virtually identical what you heard while you were recording. If it doesn't then there is something amiss.

#8 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Unless you are mic-ing a real amp, if you use the HD as an interface, the playback or the recording via USB should sound virtually identical what you heard while you were recording. If it doesn't then there is something amiss.

Sumptin's definitely amiss for me! Using the HD as an interface ain't working well at all for me. 

#9 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Sumptin's definitely amiss for me! Using the HD as an interface ain't working well at all for me. 

I would start a new thread a describe the problem. We'll try to help you get it sort out.

#10 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

I would start a new thread a describe the problem. We'll try to help you get it sort out.

Thanx! But I do fine with my external interface.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users