Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does anyone know the correct settings to get PODHD500X to match the DT25 tones?

GazzaBloom

Does anyone know the correct setting for input, mixer, cabs , midi etc etc, all of the additional settings that the PODHD500X has that are not adjustable in the DT25 to allow a direct match of the 4 inbuilt tone stacks via the POD?

When checking via DTEdit and noting the default settings for topology 1 and then copying that with the POD connected via L6 Link i get a huge volume boost via the POD. That's with the PODHD master volume set at max. I have no idea how best to set the inputs or mixer levels or pans to get the sound to match.

When you've tweaked a great tone with the DT25 alone, it would be great to be able to quickly connect the Pod and match that exact tone and just add some effects but I find that I have to start all over again and end up in a tweaking nightmare!

Gazza

I tried this once with the American clean and used the following procedure: Dial in your DT tone on channel B. Use an empty tone on HD, replicate all of your tone stack parameters, set master to 100%, set input 2 to something you do not drive a signal on (avoid mic), set Mixer of path A to center, 0 gain, mute path B in mixer, turn default Cab simulation on. Turn Channel Volume up/down untill yo match level of DT channel B you can easily switch back and forth. I forgot whether BF double or Lux, Norm or Vib is in the DT25 for the American clean; sorry. I think I came pretty close, but not 100%, I'd say.

Good luck (and let us know how your matching turns out),

Martin

I tried this once with the American clean and used the following procedure: Dial in your DT tone on channel B. Use an empty tone on HD, replicate all of your tone stack parameters, set master to 100%, set input 2 to something you do not drive a signal on (avoid mic), set Mixer of path A to center, 0 gain, mute path B in mixer, turn default Cab simulation on. Turn Channel Volume up/down untill yo match level of DT channel B you can easily switch back and forth. I forgot whether BF double or Lux, Norm or Vib is in the DT25 for the American clean; sorry. I think I came pretty close, but not 100%, I'd say.

Good luck (and let us know how your matching turns out),

Martin

Martin,

Just had chance to try this and I'm delighted to say that I have recreated Voicing 1 on the DT25 perfectly by setting the inputs, muting channel B and using the same amps/settings etc as you suggested. The volume boost issue was due to the input & mixer settings being set incorrectly on my PODHD500X.

It would have been great if L6 would have included some guidance on this with the DT25 documentation, I've seen many posts looking for this....

Voicing 1 is Blackface Double Normal. I have screen captured the DT25 defaults as captured by DTEdit  - see pics:

Gazza

post-2701-0-08211000-1422553368_thumb.png

post-2701-0-35479200-1422553381_thumb.png

post-2701-0-43692600-1422553391_thumb.png

post-2701-0-12243700-1422553401_thumb.png