Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Firehawk FX with Amplifi

muzikmark

So I've recently purchased the Amplifi75 and am loving the ease of use with the ios app for creating and editing tones.

Absolutely love it! It is so easy to set up tones and save to banks, move tones around, etc.

I have rehearsed with it and and mic'd the amp and it actually does very well.

I still do not have a footswitch so there is that 1/2 second delay as I tap between the tones I want on my iphone connected to the mic stand.

I was extremely close to purchasing the FBV MKII Shortboard until I read about the upcoming release of the Firehawk FX footswitch.

This is a game changer for me and I have a couple of questions.

- Will the tones I've already created and saved be easily transferred to the Firehawk FX?

- Will I be able to have the Firehawk editing software open as I am playing live to view the tones and Banks I am selecting?

- How does the software work side by side with the Amplifi software?

- Can I easily save the same tones to my Amplifi75 as I would to the Firehawk FX?

I am completely intrigued with this product as it seems to me it will be pretty much identical to Amplifi in terms of tone searching and editing with the app.

Also, if this is so, I could play those exact tones through my Marshall half stack and turn around and practice with the same tones on any small amp.

The Amplifi amp would serve as a portable or usable amp to practice or play around on when I don't feel like dealing with the footswitch.

Am I correct in the way I see this working?

Thanks for continuing to release awesome products!!        ---- Mark

I was gonna pull the trigger on an amplifi fx as backup to my 500Hdx, cos they were cool, this new unit is already on order at Sweetwater (when, who knows...) but if I had gotten the smaller unit, I think I would still go forward... I am thinking the small unit to write patches at home and the new fx for stage and rehearsals... Cool as all my newer stuff, mixers (soundcraft and QSC) all use the IOS... SEEMS TO BE WHERE EVERYONE IS GOING!

Firehawk should be able to read AMPLIFi tones from the cloud, but AMPLIFi will ignore Firehawk tones from the cloud.

So "My Tones" that I have saved with my iphone and the tones that are saved on the Amplifi amp will need to be uploaded to the cloud first then downloaded to the Firehawk? Is this correct?

I would need to manage two different apps, two different libraries of tones, and two different devices!

I don't understand why there wouldn't be an "Amplifi"compatible footswitch that would take the same tones I have saved to my amplifier.

Something in the same software with the choice between "Save To Hardware" Amplifier or Footswitch.

That would make so much sense and be so easy.

Why would Firehawk not be able to do this?

So "My Tones" that I have saved with my iphone and the tones that are saved on the Amplifi amp will need to be uploaded to the cloud first then downloaded to the Firehawk? Is this correct?

Think so; Firehawk's not my project, and they're still working out the details. That's my understanding—they wanted Firehawk to be able to take advantage of all the presets out there already.

Hi there,

I'm wondering if the Firehawk will be able to stream audio files by the blue tooth connection? Will I be able to jam along music I have in apps on my iPad-iPhone via Bluetooth connection? Bet you they have cleverly reserved this feature for the Amplifi series? Am I correct?

Thank you

JR

Think so; Firehawk's not my project, and they're still working out the details. That's my understanding—they wanted Firehawk to be able to take advantage of all the presets out there already.

I have already started to move my Amplifi FX 100 custom tones to the cloud in gleeful anticipation of the Firehawk release! I have upgraded on every Pod incarnation since the XT Live....This one looks ( I hope) to be the easiest!