Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

new firmware for hd500x and models pack

Reading the blurb on the NAMM press release I guess we will get the global eq setting that people have been asking for and then have to pay for any new sounds. I can appreciate that Line6 need to make money buy I hope that this dosent lead to them effectively selling support for their products....

Reading the blurb on the NAMM press release I guess we will get the global eq setting that people have been asking for and then have to pay for any new sounds. I can appreciate that Line6 need to make money buy I hope that this dosent lead to them effectively selling support for their products....

I've updated the firmware today. But where is the global eq? Where are the new amp models? e.g. 5150? There is no documentation. :-(

that update is not out yet.....

and even if it was... the new model's are not free and you won't likely see them until you purchase the model packs.

I've updated the firmware today. But where is the global eq? Where are the new amp models? e.g. 5150? There is no documentation. :-(

selling model packs as additions has been a long standing Line 6 business model and doesn't mean support will change in any way from current levels...

I don't get what you are trying to say with "it does ensure that there is built in obsolescence. ..."

The existing models that are available with current FW updates cover a large ground of player needs.

Having the option to buy model packs are just like extra "sides" in a restaurant.

You can order them or not and still get a filling and pretty rounded meal w/o them.

Personally I think it is amazing that L6 will make them available on every HD modeller they ever sold (possibly with the exception of the preamp and reverb modellers in the DT).

I do see what you say about 'sides'. I spose for me, I was off buying Line 6 gear as they always seemed to sell the 'good stuff'as an extra and that seemed to stop with the xt.

I appreciate that I have so many sounds on my HD that I'll probably never need another. But there is always that voice inside saying that you 'need more'.

It would be nice to buy individual amps/effects so you could use them 'for a change' though I spoke....