Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500 On Board Expresion Pedal Question.

mvanvlack

I have recently bought a POD hd500 and I love basically everything about it.

However the on board expression pedal does not switch between states easily. I will often find myself tapping the foot switch forward several times before I can get a Wah to come on or go off. To the point where I am double checking the set up to make sure I included a Wah in the signal chain. If I was playing on stage this would realy throw me off.

I know how to calibrate the pedal I have seen that here on the forums, however I am not sure that is the issue as I only see calibration addressing sweep range, which is fine on my deck.

Is this a calibration issue or a physical defect? Or just user error (there is that possibility I may not know exactly what I am doing, aka not depressing the pedal properly. I don’t want to stomp on the thing)?

Again I love the product, thank you for your assistance.

-Mark.

when the pod is new, the button to activate the wah is a bit hard ..

for the time being do not use only the foot muscles but use also your weight, a bit like you're going up (gently) on the step of a staircase ..

but do not jump on it!

plus one

There is a way to make it easier to actuate. However, it probably will void the warranty.

One is remove the pedal and remove the rubber bumper near the front.

Two is remove the rubber bumper and from the back side drill out some of the material.

Put the drilled-out bumper back in. The sticky tape they use should still adhere well.

Note that without a bumper the metal switch inside will make a loud noise. Louder than before. If you hook up in studio direct mode then no problem. But if you are on microphones watch out. It's loud and more of a metallic thump than a click.

One other way to get rid of this very annoying issue is to go inside and change the switch.

Again, don't do any of this if you value your warranty.

• 4 months later...