Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Combining two POD's with one guitar

pwhittles

I own a HD500X as well as a (bean) Pod HD.

Fwiw, I rarely run out of DSP on either.

Has anybody ever used two POD devices for a setup?

I could use the beanPOD (as well as my 1986 Rat II) in the effects loop of the HD500x

Otoh, could set them up serially  I am assuming if I use the beanPOD pre or post HD500x, I have to make sure I don't jack up the signal too much if I set them up serially vs. using the bean as part of my external (to the HD500x) effects loop

Since people hook conventional stompboxes up serially (generally speaking, this should pose no problem?

Iow, a guitar input (and I realize active pickups etc. make a guitar have a higher vs. lower output) into the HD500x, using an AMPLESS preset

I am sad to say my beanPOD recently stopped working, but I am going to bring it in to a service center.

I believe this will work well, because the POD HD (or the HD500x) is a glorified stomp box and assuming you calibrate the input(s) and output(s) correctly, this should work well.

Also, does anybody know a good Y splitter?

Another option I am considering is  splitting the guitar signal pre POD(s) and using the bean for left and 500X for right.

I am wondering if this would require the Y splitter to also have gain boost capability, but considering all the different inputs on the PODs, I assume I could find a setting that would work perfectly with this splitting

Thanks in advance for any advice, anecdotes, studies, WAS (Wild lollipop Speculation... as in my case), etc. and I will go look up the service dept 

I just got myself another HD500 that needs a usb repair for $130 delivered. 

What I want is a 3 amp set up live.

Years ago Larry Carlton ran a clean Fender amp center and a Mesa and Marshal Left Right.

Often the clean might have some chorus in fact he might of ran a Roland 120 centre at some stage. It was a while ago. Early 80s.

To me the two amp stereo path is not enough and I have used a splitter box to a clean amp dry.

I figure with 2 HD500's I can go one path dry or with chorus or the new chorus 129 amp.

The other side could be clean and gointo the second HD500 FX return for the two additional Amps.

Will let you know if it works. There is additional ADDA conversion and a HDPRO would be better as the second device.