Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Punkster

Firstly, can I say that I think the FX100 is great. I have had many effects / pedals in the past and usually just gone back to Marshall and Guitar and ditch everything else. I do have an HD400 but never really tweaked it much and the PC editor was good but a bit of a faff to use. maybe over complicated for an average user. For the record I have used FX100 for rehearsals and recording (released material) and it is very effective (I reckon it could easily be used live but I have held back due to potential for monitoring concerns). Try and play tones loud when you get the chance as they come alive more than just listening at home.

I use it with a bank of settings using the same Amp. So A is Amp only, B is Amp + Volume and Reverb (for lead), C is Amp + Phaser, D is Amp + Delay

I too am not sure where to head next with regard to the Firehawk. I have a HD400 and an FX100 (and an Amplifi 75). Something has to go! Some differences I would like to understand though:

1. HD400 has Line6 Port (which allows control of DT25 and DT50 amps direct from the footswitch). No such port on the Firehawk. Could you the Firehawk FX Loop but not quite the same thing.
  2. Brilliant that there is bank up and down switches though as the tapping of 2 FX100 switches to go up and down was prone to error.
  3. Independent switching for FX (5 switches) is great as it means I am not limited to just the 4 settings discussed above. Makes it 20 available I think (maybe more in combination)
  4. A big requirement for me is to be able to use the Tap function independently of the programmed tone. FX100 tone set with a delay of say 180bpm is locked into the system so I can't switch from A to D (for example) to anything other than 180bpm without tapping again and this is useless when playing live. Hopefully I can tap on intro and then just kick in the delay as required. Hopefully that makes sense.
  5. I read somewhere that the tones for Firehawk are in packs. Does this means additional purchases?
  6. Outputs look more like the HD400 on the Firehawk but FX100 outputs are comprehensive anyway (other than the Line 6 Port).
  7. Wish it had a 'kettle' lead though I guess this bulks up the pedal.
  8. Nice to have LCD of loaded tone on Firehawk.

Any other advantages / disadvantages people? Which one(s) should I sell to uby the Firehawk.....if any.

Maybe wait until you can demo the Firehawk.

But only you can answer what I/O options are going to work best for you.

5) Where did you read that?  The POD HD and HD X series, with the exception of the HD 300 & HD 400 will have a firmware update that will allow you to purchase additional model packs.

I know, not much help!!

Thanks for info Triryche

Tough to demo as no guitar shops as such in peterborough, UK! But I agree it is a personal preference thing. Just sharing what I know about the Amplify and Pod range that I have to help people to decide on where to head.

Regards Point 5. In hindsight I think it was a thread discussing Amplifi and HD500x where I think the thread may have gone off piste at some point. It did make me want to ask the question though.

Point 9 added again for peoples info as I understand it.

1. HD400 has Line6 Port (which allows control of DT25 and DT50 amps direct from the footswitch). No such port on the Firehawk. Could you the Firehawk FX Loop but not quite the same thing.
  2. Brilliant that there is bank up and down switches though as the tapping of 2 FX100 switches to go up and down was prone to error.
  3. Independent switching for FX (5 switches) is great as it means I am not limited to just the 4 settings discussed above. Makes it 20 available I think (maybe more in combination)
  4. A big requirement for me is to be able to use the Tap function independently of the programmed tone. FX100 tone set with a delay of say 180bpm is locked into the system so I can't switch from A to D (for example) to anything other than 180bpm without tapping again and this is useless when playing live. Hopefully I can tap on intro and then just kick in the delay as required. Hopefully that makes sense.
  5. I read somewhere that the tones for Firehawk are in packs. Does this means additional purchases?
  6. Outputs look more like the HD400 on the Firehawk but FX100 outputs are comprehensive anyway (other than the Line 6 Port).
  7. Wish it had a 'kettle' lead though I guess this bulks up the pedal.
  8. Nice to have LCD of loaded tone on Firehawk.
  9. HD400 has a proper looper. Fire hawk doesn't I believe.

Hope the update helps?

Punkster

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just an update on my own post to say that even Line 6 can't answer this. Tried contacting EU support in Belgium and they don't have units to physically test for my issue. They will get them when the EU can buy them apparently but that may be too late for me. I will let you know when I know.

An announcement on a looper for the Firehawk could be imminent, so I'd give it a bit of time and see what develops, firehawk gives you limitless patches potentially as they can be saved to the app and downloaded anytime but the hardware itself will hold 32 banks of 4 so 128 patches and within each patch you can turn fx on and off with the top row of footswitches

To date there are no updates or tones for purchase but that doesn't mean there never will be

Here is a guitar shop in Peterborough that stocks line 6 stuff

GTR MUSIC 23 Orton Enterprise Center, Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU

Probably worth a call beforehand to check they have one to demo (when released, remember nobody in the uk has them yet)

Here is a guitar shop in Peterborough that stocks line 6 stuff

GTR MUSIC 23 Orton Enterprise Center, Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU

Probably worth a call beforehand to check they have one to demo (when released, remember nobody in the uk has them yet)

Hi McBeddall Just round the corner from me but they don't do Line 6. very small outlet as well. Thanks anyway.