Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual cabs for clean and crunch tones

scias23

I would like to create dual cab tones using the fender, dr z, vox, and others not mentioned in meambobo's guide. How can I determine the right combination? I basically hook my pod to a pc and run a DAW so I could visually see the changes I am doing with the tone.

Well what i did was route each cab/mic hard left and right to individual tracks in my daw and used voxengo sound delay on one to find how much latency i needed to introduce to phase correct them. I always used the tread v30 57 on axis as cab/mic a. So thats like my baseline and from there computed how many samples of delay any other combo of two cab/mics would need. So instead of trying every possible combo, it went a bit faster, plus id know if i could use a null eq to phase align a pair that was off.

It may be easier to just do a bunch or trial and error lol

• Upvote 2

Well what i did was route each cab/mic hard left and right to individual tracks in my daw and used voxengo sound delay on one to find how much latency i needed to introduce to phase correct them. I always used the tread v30 57 on axis as cab/mic a. So thats like my baseline and from there computed how many samples of delay any other combo of two cab/mics would need. So instead of trying every possible combo, it went a bit faster, plus id know if i could use a null eq to phase align a pair that was off.

It may be easier to just do a bunch or trial and error lol

I was hoping for somebody to post their tried combination of other cabs. I'm surprised that you replied instead. Your guide has been very helpful. Thank you.

As much as I want to do some trial and error, I don't have the time. :(