Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

knob on bean just broke please help!!

jerjer84pod

Hello guys,

Today i sat down to tweak some of my patches and the number 3 knob on my pod hd bean broke. it will no longer let me do anything with it as it turns but will not adjust any settings. Funny thing is when i purchased it at guitar center in 2011 i told the sales person the number 3 and 4 knobs on it felt a bit tight to turn and he told me that it was no big deal and they would loosen up as i used them, well they never did and tonight # 3 died. So my question is since i did not seem to find any authorized repair shops in my area (plymouth meeting pennsylvania) i wanted to ask all of you that since it is out of warranty would something like this cost much to just send it to line 6 to repair? I guess it is my own fault for not going with my gutt at guitar center and refuse to buy it but it was there last unit and i was so excited to get one home that i trusted the sales person and got burned and now i must pay but my question is how much? Seems like it would be a simple repair? When it happen i felt like i got punched in the gutt not just cause it spoiled my night of jammin but also cause it took me some time to pay it off back than and i treated it with such care.

Thanks guys in advance

jer

FWIW my man as long as its just the pot (or encoder)  it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to repair and if you are apt to do some soldering you "might" be able to do it yourself. My bean did have some tight pots too but did loosen up as time past.

Best would be to do what Brazzster suggested.

-B

Thank you for the replys so far guys and as Brazzy suggested i just got done doing a support ticket but never having done this before i am not sure what happens next with that ticket? Only that i should be contacted in 1-3 days so for now i am putting off the call to line 6. Maybe with any luck since it was defective from day one and as BillBee stated it should not cost an arm and leg to repair line 6 could offer to fix it if i ship it to them. I just want to get back to enjoying my pod rather than feeling sick over something my gutt told me would happen and did. When i don't listen to my inner voice i almost always get burned but as i said i was very excited to get the unit home and have at it so i made the purchase.

jer

Hello guys,

Just wanted to give an update. I recieved a response from line 6 support ticket i filled out and not much to work with as the person told me to contact a local center and have the two knobs/pots fixed with a link to there search engine to find local authorized places. But i had already done this and just one location came up in my area so i sent emails and left phone messages to this place line 6 suggested and i get no reply. How can i get my pod fixed when i know of no other authorized repair centers in my area? The person who answered my support ticket gave me no other leads to follow up on and did not give me an option to send it to line 6 for the repairs, now weather that is because line 6 would end up charging me so much more than a stand alone repair shop i don't know. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to find a authorized repair place in my local area to get this unit fixed up and end this.I updated my ticket explaining all this 1-30-15 and is now 2-1-15 and no response yet. My Location is Plymouth meeting pennsylvania.

Thanks all

jer

Was just updating this post to say i have no luck finding a local repair place to fix my pod hd bean and i also have not recieved any follow up response from line 6 on my support ticket other than them telling me to find a local repair shop which i told them that the only one that came up on a line 6 search that was in my neck of the woods did not every get back to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can get my pod fixed? I don't know what to do at this point.

Thanks  

Updated my support ticket 3 days ago to inform line 6 that the repair places they suggest on the line 6 site are as follows...

Ambler does not return my call or email. Landenberg i spoke to on the phone only to find out they are over 100 miles from me. Called my local guitar center and they don't repair them and could not tell me who does. I asked line 6 if i could send it to them for the repair being it was an out of the box issue from day one with the knobs/pots being stiff and now broken but am still waiting on the reply. I asked them if they could ball park me a price as well so i could just get my pod hd fixed and get on with it but as to date that has never been offered to me. Maybe because they would charge so much more than a authorized repair center? So just wanted to update everyone on my status.

Jer