Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODHD300 as preamp

kerosene

Hey folks,

I have a question. Of course I do, otherwise why would I be here? Anyway, I'm in a small band one that's not planning on going anywhere beyond the local pub scene. The amp I'm using is good, but it has no effects (not even reverb) what it does have is the ability to run a second preamp through the poweramp. My question is can I use the PODHD300 in this fashion (of course turning off the poweramp and cab simulations) and what kind of cables should I use? I'm an experienced guitarist but I've never done anything like that before. the amp in question is a Marshall 6101. I know I can use the POD as a multi effects board but I don't really like the way it sounds like that. I'm thinking it would sound better using the digital preamps but I've no clue how to hook it up. Any ideas?

Yep sure does, select your amp model, cab etc.... Then run the output of the POD into the Effects Return/Power Amp in. Make sure to set the ouptut mode to Power Amp in as well. As for using teh POD as effects only, not sure if used the 4 cable method before, but most report that sounds good. If you using the POD with cabs etc... staright into the front of the amp then all your effects would be in front of the preamp. Some, usually mod/reverb don't typcially sound good there. BTW, with the 4 cable method you can use either the amps pre-amp or the boards preamp so it gives you the most flexability, but does require more wires and more complicated setup.