Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x and Variax JTV89 configuration

kritan

Hey all -

I am looking to do something apparently unusual or not possible, but I thought I would bounce it off the users.

I have a HD500x and I am running a Variax JTV89 with it via the Variax port.  I have a dual tone patch setup where it rotates between a clean sound and a distorted sound using the volume pedal as the switch.  Works well and gives a smooth transition between sounds vs. the sometime abruptness from switching patches.

I have another tone setup utilizing the acoustic modeling of the guitar.  What I want to do is have a patch similar to my dual tone, but instead of a clean sound, I want to utilize the acoustic model and use spank or lester on the other tone when I rotate, to get the same smooth transition.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.  Anyone else do something like this?

Thanks!

You can do it, but you have to use the Variax Mags for the electric.

Set up the patch with Variax on one Input followed by whatever effects you want, and Variax Mags on the other Input followed by effects and amp as desired.

Make sure that you have no effects placed before the split - especially mono ones otherwise it won't work

• Upvote 2

Exactly What Rewolf said.  Set one input for Variax and the Other for JTV Mags.  I use this setup with both 6 and 12 string acoustics in the Variax Modeling and use the number 4 position on the Mags for a good "Spank" distorted sound.

• Upvote 1