Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD400 + Cab

epiphoneman1

I realize this is probably a noob question, but is there any way to utilize the HD400 as an amp head?  I was looking at purchasing a Mesa/Boogie or Fender cabinet and didn't know if I could run the POD into the back of the cabinet by itself, or if I needed to purchase an amp head or combo amp. 

I realize this is probably a noob question, but is there any way to utilize the HD400 as an amp head?  I was looking at purchasing a Mesa/Boogie or Fender cabinet and didn't know if I could run the POD into the back of the cabinet by itself, or if I needed to purchase an amp head or combo amp. 

what pianoguyy said... BTW, I know everyone thinks its the hot ticket to have a Mesa or Fender or other big name cab but with modelers you will be better off getting something more full range.  Look at Atomic amps, or Google for full range flat response (FRFR) cabs.  Or you could just get a pair of nice powered monitors.  These types of speakers will give a better range of use across the spectrum of amp models in the POD.  Plus they usually have the required amplification built in...