Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Links to Getting Started

Hi,

I just got a new JTV 59. I see that the manual that came with it is a joke considering the complexity of this guitar. I am sorry but I guess that I am a little slow or should be taking the short bus to school from now on as I am lost.

I have a HD500X and a DT25 also, so I have completed my "Dream Rig."

Thing is the manual that came with, the manuals online or the 2 tutorial videos that line6 offers explain nothing of how to actually make these things work together.

I would love to know if you can set up a preset of modeled guitar in Work Bench and a model Amp in HDedit and actually save this to a Foot Switch on the HD500? I swear that is what they (line6) imply, but nowhere do I see how to do that? 

Are there links to these instructions of how to videos that anyone might point me to on using this Dream Rig?

How to save preset modeled guitar and modeled amp? You know Eddie Van Halen guitar and effects, stomp the switch and bang guitar amp and effects are all set.  Then Hendrix Strat w/ 1/2 down, fuzz and whah, stomp and bang. Please tell me that this is what the Dream Rig does? I understand that I need to setup in HD Edit and or Workbench. But how do I combine and then assign to a switch?

ALso any other must see links of videos that might save me a couple hundred hours of searching. Like a little more explanation of how to use the cryptic 3 position selector switch to get 5 guitar models. I think the instruction manual has 2 sentences and a picture the shows a button and an = sign. 

Thanks

Tom 

Tom,

There are video,s on u tube which do show you how to use the JTV59 but a quick heads up on how to get the in between positions is simple you while in modeling mode i.e Strat (spank) you press the tuning switch down ( its a push/push pot) and you will see the colour changing on the model select mode from lilac to blue which means you are in an in between position and if the PUP selector is on the bridge that means you now have bridge/middle on the strat setting if you switch this to the neck you will have neck/middle and this works for all the alternate options . 

Tom,

There are video,s on u tube which do show you how to use the JTV59 but a quick heads up on how to get the in between positions is simple you while in modeling mode i.e Strat (spank) you press the tuning switch down ( its a push/push pot) and you will see the colour changing on the model select mode from lilac to blue which means you are in an in between position and if the PUP selector is on the bridge that means you now have bridge/middle on the strat setting if you switch this to the neck you will have neck/middle and this works for all the alternate options . 

OK, that is soooo much clearer than the mystery clue they give in the manual with a picture. Of course it all makes sense now.

Another question: So are you not able to switch from bridge to neck while in a model mode? Seems like it switches you to another model. I know that you are not using the magnetics at this point, but certainly with any modeled guitar you would want to change from neck to bridge, etc... What is the point of having a Page 58 lester, when you can't switch to bridge for lead or neck for blues?

Tom

Tom,

If you download workbench (I use it via my Pod 500x) you can put what pickups/ Guitar combination you like and save it to the Guitar I have done this with the Custom setting and have ready to go guitars I use regular on a gig including in the middle position a rather convincing Peter Green sound. Once you have played about with the guitar you will have your favorites i.e I have changed the semi pickups to Les Paul pickups because I prefer the sound and because I can . After a while you will realize that the Variax is a great enabler of a Guitar especially if you get used to Workbench.