Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Query: L6 Link.

NucleusX

Been using the POD HD Pro, in combination with the Shortboard MKII for a while now. By using other FX pedals

and rack FX in the PODs signal paths, I've been able to avoid the dreaded DSP maxed out screen, and it works fine.

Lately, I've been toying with the idea of buying a HD500X, that would team up with my HD Pro (via fx loop) for added

DSP, and the ability of sending/receiving midi commands to each other. The HD500X seems to be slight over-kill for

this role, so I started looking at the HD400, but unfortunately, it lacks the midi ports. So then I got to thinking, I wonder

how flexible this L6 Link interface really is, which the HD400 has, and I wonder if its possible to use it to fulfil my

midi/control needs connected directly to the HD Pro. Is this a dead-end idea ? or a solid solution to a lack of midi ?

If midi is not possible with this connection, what is possible ? if anything. Cheers.