#1 evrybobry

evrybobry

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

I just bought Spider IV and it's strange for me that master knob is active between 0 and 3, maybe 3,5. I found post on old forum but there is no awnser (http://line6.com/support/thread/21395).

It's very annoying for me because on concerts it's hard to regulate master volume :/ Maybe someone resolve this problem ?

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

Not sure what you are saying? 

Your total volume is based on a combination of the Channel Volume (which is part of any preset you are using) and the Master Volume.

If the Channel Volume is set very high, then at a certain point the Master Volume no longer increases the volume when you turn it up - you have reached the maximum volume output of the amp.

#3 evrybobry

evrybobry

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

For example:

I'm seting Chanel Volume for 10%. Now I'm using Master knob to volume up. I can hear any changes of volume only to 30-35% of scale of knob, after that volume do not change it's already max.

When I'm setting Chanel Volume to 50%, 88%, whatever, when I'm geting to 30-35% of master knob volum is max and I can set master knob to 50%- 90% it doesen't matter.

In my old amp when I set chanel for 10% and master for 50% I had 5% of power. When I set Chanel for 50% and Master for 100% I had 50% and so on. Here When I set Chanel for 50% and master for 40% or 70% I have 50%

#4 a_deppe

a_deppe

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

Jup - same problem here with a Spider iv 150 - for me the Master pot behaves like a 180 degree twisted logarithmic volume pot. This means it starts rising the volume very fast and needs for the 10% of volume the last 50% of the way. I allready contact the support about that. The answer was: make a factory reset and try to reload the latest firmware. I did that, how ever I've still have this problem. So I went up into a store just to check if it is the hardware. I found out:  all of the Spiders I tested work same same bad way - so for me this is clearly a firmware bug.  I mean this is probably easy to fix because it is most likely just a accidentally reversed function in the VCA programming of the master pot. How ever some one have to tell them that - an I'm afraid the support hotline would do that.

So does any body know if there is a public bug tracking tool available, or how to contact the 3'rd level support to report and confirm that error?

cu
Andreas

#5 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Jup - same problem here with a Spider iv 150 - for me the Master pot behaves like a 180 degree twisted logarithmic volume pot. This means it starts rising the volume very fast and needs for the 10% of volume the last 50% of the way. I allready contact the support about that. The answer was: make a factory reset and try to reload the latest firmware. I did that, how ever I've still have this problem. So I went up into a store just to check if it is the hardware. I found out:  all of the Spiders I tested work same same bad way - so for me this is clearly a firmware bug.  I mean this is probably easy to fix because it is most likely just a accidentally reversed function in the VCA programming of the master pot. How ever some one have to tell them that - an I'm afraid the support hotline would do that.

So does any body know if there is a public bug tracking tool available, or how to contact the 3'rd level support to report and confirm that error?

cu
Andreas

It's not a bug, its all dependent on the settings:

Your total volume is based on a combination of the Channel Volume (which is part of any preset you are using) and the Master Volume.

If the Channel Volume is set very high, then at a certain point the Master Volume no longer increases the volume when you turn it up - you have reached the maximum volume output of the amp.

#6 evrybobry

evrybobry

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

It's not a bug, its all dependent on the settings:

I'm starting to think you really don't understand our problem. I know that total volume is based on a combination of the Channel Volume and the Master Volume. I have different level of channel volume for all my presets. It doesn't mater if my chanel volum is 5% or 85% Master Volume knob is usefull only to 30-35%, after that is as loud as on 30-35%.

#7 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

I'm starting to think you really don't understand our problem. I know that total volume is based on a combination of the Channel Volume and the Master Volume. I have different level of channel volume for all my presets. It doesn't mater if my chanel volum is 5% or 85% Master Volume knob is usefull only to 30-35%, after that is as loud as on 30-35%.

IF that's the case then ther eis something wrong wiht your amp and you should bring it to an authorized service center for evaluation.

#8 a_deppe

a_deppe

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

I don't think that this will help. As I wrote - I was all ready back in the shop and checked the other Line6. All behave the same way. I don't believe, that all of them are broken. So this is ether a "marketing feature" to make people believe that line6 amps are louder the others (I guess most of the customers wouldn't turn the volume pot to 5 a clock in a shop if it is loud as hell at 12 a clock...), or this is a bug. If it is a bug then it have to be fixed by line6 with a FW update.

So the question was: Is there is a way to tell them / contact them, other then over the support page.

Honestly speaking I hope it's a bug and not a feature because experience say: marketing will win those battles as long they can increase the numbers with such tricks ...

cu
Andreas

#9 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

All I can say is that my Spider IV 75 does not behave that way...

#10 jrmtez

jrmtez

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Dont use master volume to control volume levels, sounds crazy but line 6 amps have a shitting master volume control. Basically set it at your preferred volume using a stock pre-set, And modify all your presets using Channel Volume to have the same level as the control (the factory preset at your desired master volume level).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users