Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quality/buzz discrepancy between direct from POD Farm and dry w/ VST

ATTENTION AUDIO NERDS. I NEED HELP.

I'm noticing that I'm getting a quality difference between recording direct from POD Farm, and recording dry and then using the VST. It's manifesting as a noticeable buzzing noise when using the VST. I'm not sure what's causing this.

My DAW is Reaper. I'm recording new media as 64bit WAV with a project sample rate of 192k. I initially thought that this was just computer/monitor interference with my guitar pickups, but that doesn't make sense in this context.

Here's a WAV file to demonstrate what's happening. I recorded two lines simultaneously; one wet and one dry. The settings on the VST instance of POD Farm are identical to what I was playing through for the wet sound. There is no difference in volume or other effects/VSTs between the two tracks. The WAV file switches between the wet/VST sound as follows:

http://goo.gl/CiKYmM

Wet: 0:00 - 0:07
VST: 0:07 - 0:14
Wet: 0:14 - 0:20
VST: 0:20 - 0:31